Help With Calling Sounds for Coyotes and BobCats

Jake0131

Please any help with new sounds for my FoxPro
I have purchased a Fox Pro spitfire and I wouldlike to reprogram with new sounds. I hunt eastern NC for coyotoes and Bobcat. I don't seem to have much luck with current sounds,
all I get is crows and hawks I have had a couple foxes and 1 bobcat any suggestions on what calls to program.

Jake0131, if you are calling in crows and hawks than you are on the right track.
I have had good luck with bird sounds, all the rabbit sounds, and deer distress sounds.

I would go with tyrod but When I was in Kansas a few weeks ago we played those sounds. We would play them for 15 minutes or so with no show. Then we would switch to coyote puppy screams. They would come. Running hard most of the time. For the rest of 4 days we played the puppies and had good result.

I offer no reason. Just results.

Make sure you get a Ki-yi or Coyote hurt pup sound of some kind in the mix for coyotes, been working here in Virginia(consistently lately).

I like bird sounds and some of the better rabbit distress sounds(Jackrabbit Distess, Lightening Jack, Lil Jack) for everything else.

If you have Gray Fox in your area, sound number #226 Screamin Gray Fox and Gray Fox Distress are mandatory, absolute must.

Sounds are the least important of components of a set up.

I appreciate the info your last statement about sounds are the least part of the setup. I normally hunt from deer stands if I can. I'll set the decoy up about 50 to 75 yrds away from me and the call somewhere close to the decoy and hide it. Any other suggestions.
Thank you for the response.

+1 on the coyote pup distress, but my all time favorite and been the most prductive call for fox/bobcat/coyote is the Yellow Hammer Woodpecker

Back