confused? here's everything you need (shooting light)

Takem

Lots of light questions out there. There's a quite a few good shooting lights. Here is one setup you can't go wrong with. If you're unsure what to get give this a try. You won't be disappointed. 50 bucks and you are set for a shooting light. If you look around (DX) you can save a couple bucks on the accessories since there is no tax or shipping. Just doing this all from one site. It's raining and I'm bored. Hope this helps.

UF-008B. One mode, tight beam, long throw. 25 dollars
Light

Barrel mount. 7 dollars. It's 2 dollars cheaper on dx.
barrel mount

batteries and charger. 8 and 6 dollars.
batteries
charger

gel filter. Pack with red and yellow is 4 and amber is 5 dollars.
yello and red
amber

What...no scanning light?
cry.gif

I'm still waiting on a DX oreder placed 1/23, I do see it finally left HK on 3/5. They've never taken this long before not sure whats going on with them.

I am in the same boat as well. Orderes the first part of Feb. I just got an email confirm the other day. I ordered a different light from a place called cree-flashlights.com comparable to the hs-802. I had it is a couple days but forgot to order the batteries. I got it in a couple days since he is in the US. Good deal but he needs to get more lights.

I ordered the 300lm 5w light. The only downside is that its a 5 mode light. It has the smooth reflector though and is not to bad. Similar results but not the R-2 bulb

Just ordered a P7 Cree 800. The head is a little big and takes 2 18650s. Don't plan on mounting it, will use it when hunting with a partner and trying to film. Will let you guys know. Was just under $40 with shipping.

All you guys that ordered from DX - I also ordered on the first day of Chinese New Year (a week long holiday, as they stated on their website). They mentioned that they basically shut down the entire week, then get back to it. My order also took a lot longer than usual, but it arrived as ordered yesterday.

Last edited:
Yes but the light that started the thread is tighter and brighter. And yes that would make a good scanning light if you wanted a flashlight to scan. Although it might chew through a lot of batteries and I'm not sure how hot it will get. A multiple mode set on med or low would be more efficient and stay cooler.

Back