Called in 5

cjg_beef

Skipped work today and took Tez out for a quick trip calling. First stand was a blank but the second has been a great producer with a triple, a couple of doubles, and a quad called in previously. Well I set up a little different than normal and started off really soft on the Workman closed reed cottontail. Wasn't long before saw 5 coyotes coming in hard. The were making a big loop downwind so I had to move to a different vantage point to intercept. It was about this time that they spotted Tez and they locked up. A few coaxes on the closed reed and two broke off and came in. Well the big male came in ready to kick some butt but was met with a 53 grain v-max and dropped. Well it's been so long since I've had fur hit the ground that I missed the second closer coyote and unloaded the rest of my new R-15.

Glad to finally have my coyote mojo back having not shot (hit) a coyote since September (which just so happens to be when I had to sell my old AR)...

Broke in the new R-15 on it's first trip out!

photo.jpg

photo2.jpg

Last edited:
Vartarg, Tez is a mountain cur I picked up from Wackmaster here on the forum. He's a great dog around my family and a good companion on stand. I haven't taken him out too much but think he'll be going every time now.

Back