Weaver V16 Opinions

Very good scopes for the money. Optics are excellent, turrets repeatable IME. I prefer the V-16 over the V24.

V-16 has wider FOV, weighs a bit less, and has more internal adjustment. Is also 1/4 moa click value.

V24 has a tad more eye relief, but is 1/8 moa click value.....

I have a V16 and like it alot, mine has the fine crosshair(which is really fine almost to fine) but once you get used to it it is no big deal.

The V16 is a real nice scope, no experience with the V24. Glass is very good, the physical size is about right, and the turrets are repeatable. The turrets are kind of small but can be reset to 0. Price seems a little lower than comparable scopes.

I like the clarity and durability. Have had several and mounted and remounted many times. All of them had survived the most aggressive scope killer air rifles. One required special dampening mounts. The scopes got moved to rifles also.
So very good trouble free performance for the money.
When ever something is "qualified " for the money there is something to question. The coatings on the glass were not very good into the sun or artificial light like the better Leupold. This may have changed recently with the company.
Also one of my standard measurements, resale is not as good as the most popular brands.
Warranty has had interruption dates over the years as the company has changed hands a number of times.

I agree with 2muchgun. Very good and definitely a sleeper deal. I have three and have had zero problems; these were bought over 10 years ago. They are all on .223's. IMO they are underrated, trouble free, user friendly, and relatively inexpensive.

Back