A Quick Question About Freezing a Bobcat Before Mounting

kel

I shot a bobcat last week and need to take him to the taxidermy place but I wont get a chance until the middle of this month. I double bagged him and put him in the freezer for the time being. The question I have is, when I bagged him up I wasn't thinking and didn't make sure all of the air was out so he's in the freezer with air pockets inside the bag. I know that's not good for food, but for 3 weeks will it harm the fur or anything that would affect the mount? Thanks. I can rebag him if neccesary but if it's not an issue I'll let it go.

Great, this will be my first mount since a pheasant from 30 years ago. Took some work to get the wife to let me hang something "dead" in the house.

Originally Posted By: kelGreat, this will be my first mount since a pheasant from 30 years ago. Took some work to get the wife to let me hang something "dead" in the house.
I had my favorite beagle die in the middle of the winter, she was 11 yrs old, ground was too frozen to bury her, so I had to make a choice, either the dumpster at work, or put her in the freezer
frown.gif
come spring time my girlfriend was digging around in the freezer, and came into the house and asked what was in the black garbage sack in the freezer,
blink.gif
........ and thats when the fight started
whistle.gif
she finally came around to my way of thinking and told me she understood why I thought it was better to freeze her then to just discard her in the dumpster, that dog gave me over 10 yrs of pleasure, and I owed her a better ending, then to be tossed in the trash, she's now buried in the back yard, and the only dog I ever made a monument for.

I've lost plenty of good dogs over the years, to various reasons, but that female < annie > was the very best all around rabbit dog I have had the pleasure to hunt with, she helped teach every beagle I still have, and plenty of my buddies dogs also, I just got 2 more beagle pups, to hopefully keep my pack going, and I am hopeing that they turn out 1/2 as good as she was.

Back