This is a crying shame,

mark williams

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110302/ap_on_re_us/us_supreme_court_funeral_protests
Gay or not Gay,showing up at a soldiers funeral is a shame IMO,
The part about them saying your going to [beeep]" Sounds to me they are passing judgement & according to my Bible that is wrong in it's self.
I don't think if I was at the funeral I could stand for it.Been in Jail before so they wouldn't get a cherry
sneaky2.gif

Seems like the only way our fallen heros and families will get the peace they need during funerals from these wackos is by deception!

Announce one location for the service and get buried in another.

don't think if I was at the funeral I could stand for it.Been in Jail before so they wouldn't get a cherry

A bunch of us feel the same.... I can see a knock down drag out RUMBLE IN THE STREETS now..... Bring on the scum-bags !

Originally Posted By: Longbarrel don't think if I was at the funeral I could stand for it.Been in Jail before so they wouldn't get a cherry

A bunch of us feel the same.... I can see a knock down drag out RUMBLE IN THE STREETS now..... Bring on the scum-bags !

thumbup.gif

I think the decision is correct.

But phelps makes me wish we'd bring back dueling. There was a time when, if you engaged in such behavior, you stood to defend your actions with your life.

This makes me sick, Freedom of speech or not these people are a disgrace [beeep] the human race and christianity alike I could not bear to be around if that crap was going on, My blood pressure went thru the roof when I heard the story. What is worse is that the statement of blood being shed will be construed as a threat if and when they get their a$$es handed to them at the wrong funeral.
Jay

Originally Posted By: Stu FarishThere was a time when, if you engaged in such behavior, you stood to defend your actions with your life.

That was during a time that you had to think about the consequences of your actions and the words you chose to speak. When a person didn't just run and hide behind their rights and litigate while they inflicted pain on others. I guess we've made progress???

About a year ago in a small mountain town in east Tn near the North Carolina border the local sheriff stated he couldn't/wouldn't guarantee their safety after they made it known they were coming to protest a local Marine's funeral. They never showed up.

The mentality of the low life's doesn't change from war to war - June 17th 1970 coming home after my 1st tour in the
RVN at the L.A Bus station I had a bag of S**t thrown on me
Why? Because I was Marine in uniform.
I would really like to attend a fallen hero's funeral when the low life's show up.
They defended us with their lives now we need to defend them as they are laid to rest.

When I was a kid, sure I had my "right to FREE speech". Any disrespectful speech, also got me a quick open hand up-side the face. From either of my parents. I suspect some day. Those who disrespect a funeral. Will push the wrong button & pay the fat lady.

Originally Posted By: Stu FarishI think the decision is correct.

But phelps makes me wish we'd bring back dueling. There was a time when, if you engaged in such behavior, you stood to defend your actions with your life.

Presidents have done it. My kids have told me this cult is doing this from what they've been told in school is because this country supports homosexual marriage. Dis-honoring troops, time to duel. Defending gay marriage, move to California.

America dosen't support queer marriage... The outspoken liberals do. They don't have anything else to do. The politicians are punked out azz kissers that say what they think the other liberals and queers want to hear. They don't care about them really. The kid that got killed in Iraq and is being buried wasen't fighting for queer rights over there. He was sent there for another reason. I don't know what they think they are doing really. I'm actually very surprised that they haven't at least had an attemped murder toward them. You think about it... Someone has just buried their child...Their world...Nothing else to live for, in their minds...Why not? I'm very surprised they haven't been broke from this crap by way of a bullet. No good bastards.

Originally Posted By: Stu FarishI think the decision is correct.

While I would agree that they have a first amendment right to express their opinion, I don't feel they should have the right to do so in the presence of the grieving family. That is simply wrong, I don't care how you slice it. Any permit issued for their assembly, should be issued with 1 mile limit from the funeral home, procession route, and cemetary, to protect the grieving family's right to privacy. And, if they were protesting on the other side of town, the media would be less apt to play up their assinine antics and without media attention they'd be more apt to give it up.

I'msurprised they haven't been broke from this crap by way of a bullet. No good bastards.
I'm very surprised that it hasn't already happened also,

I have two Bro's abit odler than I. They both served combat time in Viet Nam. Fortunately for them, they both made it back home.

This thread got me thinking about what I'd do to some [free speech jackass] or a group of them. That would have the balls to protest either of my Bro's funeral if they should die before me. I won't stand for such crap. Neither would either of my Bro's, likewise.

Last edited:
Back