Letter to land owner...any good?

Hello,
I do not want to rain on your parade, but the letter is not a good idea. I grew up on a farm, and we get a ton of junk mail, you do not want to risk getting mixed in with that. Also we liked it when the hunters would stop and BS with us. A five minute face-to-face is worth a million words. And unless they ask, do not go into a lot of detail about "I would be happy to substitute this firearm for that one". If a farmer has a case of "centerfire paranoia" it will become obvious to you within the first 30 seconds. If they hedge, and if you absolutely want to rifle-hunt that land offer to substitute a 22 but mostly I would just politely thank them for their time and move on to the next farm.

And do not forget the Holiday gifts for those that grant you permission.

------------------
Safety,Ethics, Accuracy, Velocity, Energy-I am On the Way to the Arizona Predator Hunt!!!!!!

A lot of folks here have said the landowners want to meet the hunters face to face. I have not found this to be the case.

Where I do my calling in Minnesota, most of the farms are very small and I am forced to contact a large number landowners. I have not found a way to do this in person so I call them all on the phone. There was one guy who, when I finally got ahold of him, told me he was wondering when I was going to call because all his neighbors got calls. I get permission for about 98% of the places I call.

Randy Buker

------------------

http://www.geocities.com/yosemite/gorge/5460
Hunting the Red Fox

Back