Getting very frustrated with Stuck brass!

Originally Posted By: hm1996Originally Posted By: 204 ARAnother anti One-shot thread. Would you send me your unused One shot if I gave you my address?
smile.gif

I've used it since it came out on everything from military 223 brass to 300 RUM including 25 wssm and no problems. Stand your cases up in a shallow loading block or just on a block of wood, shake the can up for a minute or so, and spray at an angle from one side, then spin the blocks 180 degrees and spray them again. It gets a little inside the neck as you go and cases resize effortlessly.

Not anti One shot, just my (admittedly limited) experience w/the product. Would be happy to send the unused portion, but it is long gone
smile.gif

Regards,
hm

Sorry if my thread came out the wrong way, I wasn't aiming it at anyone, it's just hard to believe so many have had so much trouble with a product that has worked for me for so long. But it's also possible that the product is inconsistent, some batches better than others. If you read the reviews on Midway, a lot of people have had trouble with it.

I have stuck cases before, but always attributed it to a mistake on my part. One of the biggest things is making sure lube gets on the case towards the base. Which is hard to do if your loading block is too deep.

It's just that this stuff is so convenient, I can't imagine using anything else.

I originally started out with Lee Case Lube and switched to One Shot. It works wonders on my .223 brass. However, when it comes to resizing my .308 cases it is not worth a darn.

I just borrowed my buddies RCBS Lube and Case Lube Pad. I know it will work better than the One Shot simply because the 44 Mag was easier with the Case Lube Pad than the One Shot.

I may go back to the old pad and lube. It does take more time but works better in my opinion.

Originally Posted By: 204farruse Imperial Sizing Die Wax

+1000000

Your doing nothing more then wasting money on the one shot! Once you use the wax you will never go back to spray or a lube pad. I have loaded over 3000+ rounds and the tin ain't even half way gone yet. Let's see how many cases you can do with one shot?

Well time spent plays a big part in what is used. A lot of guys will go to One Shot thinking it will save time.

I just did 250 .308 rounds with a pad and lube in about 35 minutes.

I can do the same amount with One Shot and .223 brass in about 20 minutes.

I have never tried the wax though. Am I missing something too?

I think I'm with Shynloco on this one. I'm leaning towards its the brass. I'm also not new at this reloading thing, and I have never in my life been so frustrated and P'D off untill I started resizing the FC headstamped brass. I'm giving a hundred of them to a buddy of mine tomorrow to try to confirm that its not just me.

Originally Posted By: UtahShooterI originally started out with Lee Case Lube and switched to One Shot. It works wonders on my .223 brass. However, when it comes to resizing my .308 cases it is not worth a darn.

I just borrowed my buddies RCBS Lube and Case Lube Pad. I know it will work better than the One Shot simply because the 44 Mag was easier with the Case Lube Pad than the One Shot.

I may go back to the old pad and lube. It does take more time but works better in my opinion.

Why do you lube 44 Mag brass?

Originally Posted By: 204 ARSorry if my thread came out the wrong way, I wasn't aiming it at anyone, it's just hard to believe so many have had so much trouble with a product that has worked for me for so long. But it's also possible that the product is inconsistent, some batches better than others. If you read the reviews on Midway, a lot of people have had trouble with it.

No offense taken, all's well
thumbup.gif
! As I said, I really didn't give one-shot a second chance and it is entirely possible that the first round I tried was not covered completely. That is why I like to apply lube by hand so I can feel that each case is completely lubed (since it is applied w/fingers).

My main point was the difference in friction between the Hornady lube and Imperial when used on WSSM cases.

Regards,
hm

Originally Posted By: UtahShooterWell time spent plays a big part in what is used. A lot of guys will go to One Shot thinking it will save time.

I just did 250 .308 rounds with a pad and lube in about 35 minutes.

I can do the same amount with One Shot and .223 brass in about 20 minutes.

I have never tried the wax though. Am I missing something too?

The way I do it is have the bucket of brass on my left side wax in the middle and press and another bucket on the right. Take the brass out of the bucket, lube, size, toss in the empty bucket. Only have to touch the brass once. The way I see it your spending more time taking the brass out lining it up for spray or lube pad. Plus you still have to pick up the brass again and place it in the press. So the way I see it your spending more time with the pad or spray.

Originally Posted By: DucksoupI had the same problem and after some research I found that the brass I had was actually 5.56 military which is a hotter load and a slightly larger chamberLonger throat. Read this;

http://www.ar15armory.com/forums/556-223-Ammunition-Ch-t22582.html

Hope this helps.

It won't matter because you are using a .223 sizing die! The only time that may effect you is when your shooting it in the rifle and that's if you load hot due to the thicker brass of the 5.56.

Originally Posted By: 2400
Why do you lube 44 Mag brass?

My buddies idea. I can almost lift my kitchen table (c-clamped my vise) in the air trying to re-size these. So I started to put lube on it.

The One Shot would not help with this.

Further more. I followed the directions on the can of the One Lube last night to re-size .308 brass. Did not work worth a crap. So back to the old lube pad again.

I have to tell you. Although it may take a bit of more time this way I do think I will continue to use the pad for the .308 brass. I cannot find out why the One Shot works on the .223 brass and not the .308 brass.

Quote:Why do you lube 44 Mag brass I had the same question... Unless you are not using carbide dies, then lube may be necessary, but I haven't run into those for years (mid '70s)...

Originally Posted By: dmpowderOriginally Posted By: DucksoupI had the same problem and after some research I found that the brass I had was actually 5.56 military which is a hotter load and a slightly larger chamberLonger throat. Read this;

http://www.ar15armory.com/forums/556-223-Ammunition-Ch-t22582.html

Hope this helps.

It won't matter because you are using a .223 sizing die! The only time that may effect you is when your shooting it in the rifle and that's if you load hot due to the thicker brass of the 5.56.

I refer you to this article in Cheaper Than Dirt;

The primary differences between .223 Remington and 5.56 x 45 mm (NATO) are that .223 Remington is loaded to lower pressures and velocities compared to 5.56 NATO and the 5.56 NATO chamber has a longer leade. .223 Remington ammunition can be safely fired in a 5.56 NATO chambered gun, but the reverse can be an unsafe combination. The additional pressure created by 5.56 NATO ammo will frequently cause over-pressure problems such as flowing brass, difficult extraction, or popped/punctured primers, but in extreme cases, could damage or destroy the firearm. Chambers cut to .223 Remington specifications have a shorter leade (throat) area as well as slightly shorter headspace dimensions compared to 5.56 NATO "military" chamber specs, which contributes to the pressure issues.

Back