TOPO MAPS & AERIAL PHOTOS

WOLFER1

I'm not sure how many people are aware of this site, but the Microsoft Terra Server site offers on-line topo maps and aerial photographs of most of the United States. In the photos, you can zoom in and see buildings, fences, etc. It is really amazing and is a great tool for scouting new or existing hunting territory. Visit the following:
http://terraserver.homeadvisor.msn.com/default.asp

Click on the green map of the United States and keep clicking on your area, such as state, county location, etc. Only areas shown in white are not found on the site.

It is a great free tool for hunters! Enjoy!

wow, I like it.

~River Runner~

------------------
predatorlogo3jpg.gif

www.predatormasters.com

I found this site about three weeks ago and me and a co-worker spent a week printing and taping together all the picture prints to make one big picture of the land they will be bear hunting next weekend. For the big picture just zoom in as close as you can and start printing, only moving one block in one direction each time. Then keep them in order and start cutting them out and matching them up to each other then start taping. Works great!!!!!!!

If you have AutoCAD at home or work, printing the photos is even easier than print, cut and tape. The photos are laid out on a grid with V&H coordinates, which can be used to align downloaded photos in AutoCAD. Once in AutoCAD, you can zoom in or out on the photos and print any part of the downloaded photos. I downloaded all the photos for the 3 counties that I hunt, and then print out the portion I need at a given time.

This assumes, of course, that you have access to AutoCAD which is very expensive!

I figure that I may help someone from what I've found out. Several weeks ago I was trying to do what Casey and WOLFER1 explain and I got tired of grabbing the picts and forgetting where I got it from when I noticed a nice little thing "Image Size: Small Medium Large" I clicked on it and found out that it showed me pretty much what I was trying to piece together so I took a screen shot made it look nice and now I have a good map without all of the effort that I would have had to do otherwise.

Back