RRA predator pursuit and Coyote rifle

markley

I am looking at getting one of these. my dealer says he can get me the predator pursuit for 965 and the coyote rifle for 1060. was wondering if the coyote rifle is really worth 100 bucks more?

I have them both and if I sold one to keep one I would be keeping the PP hands down. That gun just balances so well and shoots amazingly. Both guns shoot great but not many guns in my safe will shoot with the predator pursuit. My buddy has one too and its the same way. Buy the predator pursuit and dont look back. You will be glad you did and will never question your decision..

What drakeky said.

Both are super nice. I have handled both but have only shot the PP. My guess why the Coyote is a tad more may be due to a different stock other than an A2. The Smith Vortex flash hider may add a little too. Maybe a couple other creature comforts like the Hogue grip on the free float tube. Both are nice and both are shooters.

I've got the 20" coyote and the rifle shoots awesome. 0.5 ich at 100yards with Hornady 55gr v-max. The extra cost is likely due to the vortex flash hider, ACE butstock and hogue forend. Either way you choose you'll be happy. The stainless barrel on the predator might weather better- you can't go wrong with a rock river.
Ukie

I have the Coyote Rifle and I love it...but I am sure either one will be just fine. I have attached a photo of the rifle and the groups I got with it and I am not a very good shot.

RRAM223.jpg

DSCF1003.jpg

DXT Shooter, I have to agree that you aren't a very good shot, but that is minute of a coyote no problem.
wink.gif
My RRA PP will keep 5 shots easily inside the red dot in the photo above.

LOL...yep I wish I was a better shot for sure but with time I am sure I will get better...you are right about the minute of yote! If I could just see one to shoot I will be all set.

I hope to get out a few times this weekend.

Originally Posted By: markleyI am looking at getting one of these. my dealer says he can get me the predator pursuit for 965 and the coyote rifle for 1060. was wondering if the coyote rifle is really worth 100 bucks more?

Not sure where you are getting yours from, but check availability. I ordered mine through Pete at ar15sales.com for 929. He goes straight through RRA, but the downside is you have to wait on RRA. As of right now, i am at day 64 of waiting and it could still be a couple weeks out. If i knew it would have taken this long, i think i would have gone with someone who had them in stock and paid a little more.

I too was debating between the PP or the coyote and went with the PP. Heard what everyone else is saying here that it is a great gun. Plus i think it looks cooler than the coyote.

I have a Coyote 16" in .223 and it's the most accurate AR I've owned. I'm sure the PP is nice too, but not as light.

Just yesterday I shot an honest 1/4" group at 100 yards with a Trijicon ACOG (no crosshairs)! It shot a 7/8" group at 200 too.

Good luck debating which one to purchase.

Both of those rifle shoot exteemly well. If it were my money to spend I would go with the PP ( actually I did it wil be here tomorow)over the coyote. the reason is that the PP has a 8 twist national match barrel. the coyote has a 9 twist thiner profile barrel. ON PAPER the pp will take longer to suffer from heat related accuacy issues during long strings of fire. The PP will also give you the option of shooting the heavier high BC bulles like the 77 grain match king or the 77 grain Nosler CC. It will shoot the lighter varmint rounds equally well. The national match barrel adds just enough weight to be rock stable with out having to carry a truck axle on a hunt. The PP is so well built, you can shoot it in any match rifle compition where an autoloader is welcome and not be underguned. (The PP isn't service rifle legal because the barrel is a true free floated barrel and servics rifles don't have free floated barrels.) all in all the PP is in my opinion a more well rounded rifle than the coyote. If you fancy killing paper targets from the 500 yard line as well as killing coyotes at any range the bullet has enough energy to get it done, the PP is your goto upper.

Last edited:
Back