Bigfoot

CoyoteKid49

Yesterday on TV (good start already) I saw a program about Bigfoot sightings etc. in NW North America (ie N. CA and north...). They showed some famous footage made in the late 60s etc. I was wondering what your guys' take on this topic is. Well, what do you think?

Aw, don't worry about it. I shot that guy last year when he tried to eat my decoy.

Hi CoyoteKid49. Welcome to Predator Masters, where only truth is spoken!!
biggrin.gif

------------------
Critr

LW42144.jpg

www.SaguaroSafaris.com

Coyotekid,

No way, at least not in this part of Idaho. If there was anything to it something would have turned up by now. Welcome to the board by the way.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Lonny (edited 08-04-2001).]

Thats what I was thinkin but just wanted to see if anyone else besides those guys on TV believe in that. THanks for the welcome, but Ive been here a little while, i just guess my post count got erased. Talk to you all later.
@ndrew

When I was 13 and on my FIRST Deer hunting trip with a rifle, my step-dad filled my little head with some stories about bigfoot being spotted in the area the year before, one night while we were setting around camp. The garbage he was telling me would make a the Legend of Woolie Swamp sound like a nursury rhyme.
Let me tell you, I BELIEVED IN BIGFOOT THAT YEAR of deer hunting.
To this day he rubs it in my face. But I didn't care at the time, he could kiss my grits, I was not going into them woods the next day. No if's, and's or but's about it. And I didn't.
biggrin.gif

~River Runner~

------------------
predatorlogo3jpg.gif

www.predatormasters.com

Coyotekid49,
I remember seeing a program that was taking a look at that old video of the most famous clip of the Bigfoot walking away, then turning back to look at the camera. If I remember right they were saying that it was a hoax. It showed enlarged clips of the video and they were noting such things as the folds in the skin, the way the skin moved when it walked and came to the conclusion that it was a man dressed up. Kind of the way they finally admitted that the most famous Loch Ness monster video was a staged.

Vinny,

------------------
yotewalk.gif

[This message has been edited by VCinRI (edited 08-05-2001).]

I know him personally. In fact, his name is Chris. He's my brother in-law. Wears a size 14. LOL

Seriously though, I've lived here since I was old enough to walk in the woods and haven't seen a thing. Back when the bigfoot craze was still alive, all the restaurants had bigfoot hamburgers and bigfoot pizzas. There were bigfoot museums. I will say this though. If a creature did exist, that possessed the abilities that bigfoot is rumored to have, it could easily remain undetected in the pacific northwest.
I've heard stories of local loggers having the stuffing scared out of themselves. None of the evidence I have seen on TV seemed convincing.
smile.gif

Used to hunt the Humbolt Nat. Forest saw one
saw his prints The guy with me saw it to he
was a local indian from the area also my
brother-in-law said the old people knew of
them and they were still in the area. Thats
around Eureka. Ca. For what its worth.

Years ago i was building houses for A indian tribe in la-push washington , and Neah bay . We were living on site .This is located in the Olympic natl . Forest . i became very good friends with a few of the tribes elders . They believe in Big Foot if thats what you want to call him . They call them stick Indians . They believe they are ancestors, with the ability to apear and dissapear at will . They believe they mean no harm. Now a skin walker is another story . Jerry .

Well?????? You can't just leave us hanging in ignorance. Tell the story of the skinwalker. Pleeeeease?

i seen bigfoot twice around here up in the adirondacks. i was hunting one weekend with my friend and i set up along a ridge. just after day break i seen something coming down the ridge to the left of me that apeared to be big and stood upright. it looked like a gorilla/monkey type with dark brown fur. it didnt see me or smell me. it just continued down the hill and went up a creek. my friend said he seen the same thing but he spotted it farther off in the distance by an oak tree eating something, possibly oak nuts. this happened last year, i wish i had my camera i could have token some pictures of it, maybe ill be lucky enough to see it again this year

Come on, guys! Of coarse Big Foot is real. There was a Mo. version of this critter in the early 70's. National media attention, a cousin of mine made a fair pot of money by writing and recording a C&W song something along the lines of "MoMo, the Missouri Monster".

UFO's are real. Mo. also had its' late 70's flare-up of UFO sightings and requisit cattle mutilations. National and international media attention. I bought a tee shirt that was emblazoned with some "UFO Country - Elsberry, Mo." crap. Somebody made money off of those tee shirts. I had more fun than the law allows with all of the college students that flocked to the area to get in on the action.
All of that makes them real; and like the song says, " I know it's true, cause I saw it on TV."

Both of the above mentioned events happened within about 20 miles of my house at the time... I wonder if there was a connection?

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
wink.gif

Well

We don't have enough trees in eastern colorado to hide bigfoot.

But what scares me are the fire breathing dragons that lurk in the draws and washes.

If your ever hunting where I hunt just remember...NEVER and I mean NEVER use a "maiden in distress" call.

Is bigfoot real? But of course.

So are great white sharks. I know because I caught a 20 footer in a stock pond.

With a bamboo pole, 10 foot of string and a safety pin. Just remember to use BIG nightcrawlers.

Funny how these things get started. Long about 1978 or so Lake Champlain area residence started to see a sea monster in the lake. Since I lived in Westport New York a village on the lake I knew plenty of people that actually saw this thing. I can guarentee you that there was deffinately something there and it was mighty big and very lumpy. Darn near everybody from Essix to Ticonderoga saw the darn thing or probably more likely things. They called it by the very undignified name of Champ. From what I understand a group of Japanese sientists did a very large research project on the thing and were supposedly able to track it some and were able to find a pattern. Don't know how it all turned out in the end. It is my belief that what they were seing were BIG OLD sturgen that were comming into the area to spawn inthe bays.

Now as far as big foot in the Aderondacks. I heard stories about this beast (I believe that localy it was called a skunk ape) while I was growing up. I've been all over some parts of the Aderondacks, mostly up and down the Boquette River and it's branches in both summer and winter buthave never seen a thing that even reminds me of Bigfoot. But I have been up around the Canadian border and have seen things that look like the sasquach but they were comming accrost the border in cars with Quebec lisense plates on them, they were grinnin, driv'in way to fast and throwing speeding tickets out the windows as they went. Scary, VERY scary.

Michael
Mag - By the way where are you from?

Hello,
Well I am going to touch this one VEERY carefully. Kinda like handling dynamite that is way too old. OK, it is entirely POSSIBLE for a creature like that to exist. But I would have to see some evidence from Reliable Sources first. Not some aged footage from the 50's.

------------------
Safety,Ethics, Accuracy, Velocity, Energy-I am On the Way to the Arizona Predator Hunt!!!!!!

Mag,
I heard a rumor that "Calypso" Bob Connell was visiting new york around that time. Maybe it was him that you saw. He has been mistaken for a bigfoot monster more than once.
smile.gif

Back