Phantom Glitch??

Status
Not open for further replies.

cedarchopper

Doesn't matter where I put this its going to be off topic. Besides if i put it everywhere it fits to cover all the bases I'll get cramped before I finish.
So here goes--
I bought a Phantom Predator caller from some guy named Bill awhile back. I used it a few times then my grandson came up for the week.
Since he got here we have been out calling 5 times.
Every time we have gone out I have told the boy we are going to call deer cause thats what I usually see where I go.
Now the problem (?) is --I tell him "deer", I play the Fawn Distress, and half the time coyotes beat the deer in. I think this intimidates the deer and it makes me look like I don't know how to call what I say I'm going to.
The same situation occurs with the Crows Gathering call when I add the Fawn Distress. Sure I get a bunch of crows but then here come those pesky coyotes again.
Only rarely has the Phantom actually called in deer only--and its usually when I say "coyote".
Another thing is the wire length. I run the full 60' out and the critters are coming in at about 40'-45' most of the time. Whats up with that? It's a lot of work stringing that extra 15' of wire and by the end of the hunt it starts getting heavy. Granted at night its not an issue but its hot down here and it wears the kid out during the day. He hasn't been complaining but I can see a time when he won't be here to carry and uhhh--- the Child Bride is not a packer by any stretch of the imagination.
As for the rest of the calls on the Phantom who knows how well they might work--can't get past the two I'm using now!!!

Azwill -Thanks for steering me this direction back when I asked for guideance. I know I'll always cherish the time spent with my grandson out over the Phantom and he will never forget the experience. Best investment I have ever made.

------------------
Thanks for your time--

I don't think it a glich in the system, it sound like its working well for coyotes
smile.gif

------------------
yotewalk.gif

Jason's Gun Room
Quality Custom Gunsmithing http://predatormasters.com/jasongunroom.html
www.LostMountainHunts.com

cedarchopper,

Sounds to me like you got a hold of a defective unit. If you would like to send it to me so that I can do some testing, I will see what I can do to help you out.

Brian

I knew i could get help if I just explained the situation clearly. Hehehehehe.

I always thought hot weather was poor calling. If it gets better this fall/winter i may just quit my job>

------------------
Thanks for your time--

cedarchopper...

I’m glad to hear that the Phantom Predator Caller is working as expected. You are giving your grandkids priceless memories that they’ll always remember and I suspect that a little of it all is rubbing off on the mighty cedarchopper as well.

I’ve used the sport of predator calling to help break down the communication gap between one age group to another for decades now.

I can’t recall a single case where predator calling didn’t help to bring folks closer together.....Take care, and good luck...
wink.gif

------------------
yotewalk.gif

http://www.predatormasters.com

Azwill --- Your absolutely right about bridgeing the generation gaps.
There's something about calling in a critter and after its over being able to share in the success. Its not easy for a youngster to focus on the details of a successfull stand when the temps are up, the bugs are swarming, and theres no guarantee of anything showing up. Sure makes you proud to be a part of it.

------------------
Thanks for your time--

Cedarchopper, I know how disappointed you must feel, but maybe you should give your new toy one more try?

If you can't call any "wounded rabbits" with it, send it back.
smile.gif

Good hunting. LB

Man, you had me scared there for a minute when I saw the title of this post, since I'm going to buying a Phantom Predator caller this coming week. But now I see that the only problem is that you went out to call the wrong critter. Or something. And if you want to have somebody do some testing on the unit you have, feel free to send it to me, and I'll test it and send back a report.
smile.gif
smile.gif

------------------
yotewalk.gif

If you aren't havin' fun, why bother doin' it?

Gee--all this guidance, information, and advice AND offers to take this Phantom off my hands----kinda makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Leonard-I haven't gotten to the wounded bird yet but if it messes up and gets me coyotes too instead of wounded birds I may just have to call the factory!
Four coyotes in one week (actually 3 trips out) not a record by some standards but pretty good for a rookie.

------------------
Thanks for your time--

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back