First website

Skinny Shooter

Hey guys,
Thought I would try making a site for my smithing. www.furnacecreekforge.homestead.com
Would you mind critiquing it and letting me know how I can improve it? I don't have any flashy or blinking items on it. It may take awhile to download and I have to figure out how to lower file sizes while still retaining clarity. I just got Dreamweaver but this site was made with Site Builder from Homestead. If it looks amateurish, its because I am one,
smile.gif
. We are getting a high-end digital camera later this year for our photography studio (can't wait to try it out with my Shaggie Suit) and am learning about web authoring.
Thanks much.
Allen

Skinny:

Looks great to me! Better than mine that was done by a pro and I use the term loosley.

Looks like I was the 54th visitor. I saw the table top candle holder elsewhere and some one thought it was a sex devise bet youll never live that one down LOL gj.

www.moaammo.com

[This message has been edited by gj (edited 07-06-2001).]

Thanks gj.
I think the sidebar buttons are a bit on the large side and am going to try something different.
BTW, I'm a man of few "vises" in my Smithy,
smile.gif

Neat site, Allen. The only thing I have trouble with is reading the yellow/orange (home page) and blue text (links) with the black background. Otherwise, I'm impressed for your first try! Keep up the good work.

That's a great site Allen, and a noble hobby. During the "guilds era" blacksmithing was trade number one.
When you do the picture gallery, maybe you can use buttons linking to the actual pics, to enhance speed.

Thanks for all the positive input, it really helps.

DesertRam:

I know what you mean with those colors but I had wanted something to stand out on the homepage. Haven't figured out a way to change the text color when making a link and it justs defaults to blue.

Lochi,

Smiths were the local hardware store way back when, then came True Value...

You mentioned about buttons for the Photo gallery. Did you mean for the images that show products or the future Gallery? I would still need to have thumbs and am not sure how a button would speed things up. I've got a lot to learn on Web authoring.

Site Builder has limited elements that they provide you with and I haven't had time to create anything in Pshop. I did do the Homepage logo and the edges on my photo thru Pshop and Photographic Edges. I'm sure that once I get Dreamweaver going, the site will look a lot better.

Back