Giving it up

Andy,
Never give in-never. I thought I had it bad here when the Dummycratic Governer voted down the dove hunting bill last year. I was so pissed that I was ready to move west a state or two. It saddens me to think of all the liberalism in Kaliforina. If I were you, I'd get out of the state. I know that's pretty easy to say, especially when I didn't move after the dove hunting defeat. But we do have a lot of other hunting oportunites so I stayed.

Hang in there Kalifornia sportsmen,
Chris

Once again, I would like to thank all you guys for caring. Steve, you live very close to me and once you go calling, we should get in touch and possibly go bust some yotes togeather. If your interested drop me a line at my e-mail, thanks.

Andy
Do not give up. Nobody said hunting was an easy sport. Everybody I know who has ever done it said it was a rewarding sport. I was despondent the other day too, my reasons differed from yours, but it passed and today things look better.

To Zip
I can not for the life of me figure out what your politicians have (or are lacking) in the way of brains. Iowa politics has always puzzled me. But you are lucky. You can drive right over the river to my backyard (Nebraska) where we have some of the finest small game hunting around. Although I no longer hunt birds regualarly I do remember dove season, it was a few years back, but I think they may still have it. And in most places you can use your rifle to hunt deer. So drive on over, it is great.

------------------
Safety,Ethics, Accuracy, Velocity, Energy-I am On the Way to the Arizona Predator Hunt!!!!!!

don't give up man I am only 15 and I ahve been deer hunting here for 5 years. I have only had 1 deer give me a Chance to shoot and my gun was jammed.... I keep going every year because no matter how bad i suck i will eventually get lucky!!! all my friends have harvested at least 2 deer since we started so i am REally bad i guess hehe
smile.gif

Andrew you can quit if you smoke that is but don't give up on what you love to do. I'm 49 yrs young and have just started this predator hunting thing. I haven't called a coyote yet but I have gotten some good tips and contacts from the good folks here. I'm an avid bird hunter and when I talk to someone who says there are no Pheasants around I chuckle to my self. There there you just have to hunt for them and be willing to walk. Sometimes you need to hunt harder for a place to hunt than the actual hunting for your quarry. After all we call it hunting for a reason.

Andrew boyke,
Count your blessings.
I have just come back yesterday from a business trip to Australia. They briefed me beforehand not to mention hunting and guns in any conversation with the customers, since it could ruin the relations! Those people have great varmint, but a bunny-hugging society that successfully demonised what you and I treasure.
The United States of America is still one of the few first world countries that have not totally surrendered to the hypocrites. It is after all a frontier nation with a tradition of guns from here to Columbus.
I could easily live in the US. It is just like a bigger South Africa. I am jealous of some of the hunting threads on American talk forums.
Listen to all-of-the-above advice from people who sense your frustration and sincerely want to help.
Shoot straight!
Lochi

Back