Cigar band in my AR

BradB41

So I'm shooting my AR yesterday and a round gets stuck in the chamber. I look in there and can see something around the cartridge, but I can't tell what it is. I get the round out without issue and lo and behold, a part of a CAO Brazilia band comes out as well.

Who knows...I smoke cigars occasionally, but I haven't smoked any CAO's since before I got this gun. I have no idea where this came from. I guess it could have been stuck down in the mag from the factory. Anyone else ever experience something like this?

Woooooooo!!! Time to get out the tinfoil hats... Or you have been visited by a BigFoot...
lol.gif
.. Just funnin with you....

I'd have to guess that somehow that band got dropped in your ammo container from a day long past...It's just too coincidental that you have smoked them and then one shows up...

Now, if you had never smoked one, then I'd be inclined to think it was one from another location, whether the ammo or magazine manufacturer...

I put that on there at the range when you weren't looking. I wondered how long it would take you to find it.
lol.gif
lol.gif

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
No I didn't, just kidding.

Originally Posted By: OldTurtleWoooooooo!!! Time to get out the tinfoil hats... Or you have been visited by a BigFoot...
lol.gif
.. Just funnin with you....

I'd have to guess that somehow that band got dropped in your ammo container from a day long past...It's just too coincidental that you have smoked them and then one shows up...

Now, if you had never smoked one, then I'd be inclined to think it was one from another location, whether the ammo or magazine manufacturer...

It's a mystery to me. I haven't smoked a CAO since I got the gun, the magazine, and this particular box of ammo (American Eagle). However, it could have been in my floorboard, which means it could have somehow gotten into my open gun case and from there somehow slipped through the ejection port into my gun...I don't know.

At least the gun has good taste in cigars!

Last edited:
Back