Danner's any good?

andrew

I was looking at a pair of Danner Canadians for an all purpose, hunt everything(fall through winter)everywhere pair of boots. I like the soles but I am not sure if they are top quality even though the price tag suggests so. Does anyone own/where this model and if so, what do you think?

Hello Andrew I own a pair of Danners I just bought last year. I have real bad circulation in my feet so they get REAL cold fast. The danners I bought made no difference for me so I got a pair of irish setters with 800 grams thinsulate and they helped a lot. The danners that I have don't have that much thisulate so it would be my guess if they did they would be just as good. The Danners however are more comfortable. If it's warmth you need (which is what I need) get a pair of heated socks they work wonders.

Thanks
Shawn

I worked construction in the mud and rain of the Pac NW for two winters. My Redwing boots lasted two years of average 55 hour weeks while friends Danner boots fell apart in six to eight months.

Danner once made great boots with as good a guarantee as you could get. They are now owned by Lacross, quality has suffered and the guarantee is all but gone. The factory is twenty minuets from my home and they have an outlet at the factory but I still go to the Redwing store for my steel toe work boots and my outdoor boots.

------------------
In HIS Service
Scott

Andrew,

I've owned a pair of Canadian Danner's for two years now. I picked them because of the insulation and the high ankle support they proved, not to mention the airbob soles they have is an added plus.

I break them out in August and put them up in May. I have had them in all types of weather conditions, and they keep my feet warm and dry. I'll wear them out when the temp is right at zero. If I'm hiking or not sitting more then three hours. IF I sit longer or the temp drops I switch over to a pair of 100 Below boots.

Needless to say they are out standing boots and you get what you pay for. Dad always said if you find a pair of boots you like by two or three more pairs, because they'll stop making them. We'll I'm saving for them.

The cheapest I could find them was from DNR Sports (USe your search engine) I think I paid $170 something for them.

Good calling,
Alaskan Yoter

Andrew,

I have worn the Danner Sasquatch's for the last 12 years. About the only difference between them and the Canadians is the Sasquatch's have 400 grams of insulation and the tops are a little shorter. My feet have never been wet in the two pairs I have owned over that time. The air-bob sole is great for steep, icy snow covered hills. When the weather gets real cold and your not walking much I usually switch to a warmer pac type boot with more insulation. I only wear my Danners for hunting and hiking. I don't wear them for a work boot

I have no complaints about my Danners so far other than they have discontinued the Sasquatch boot and now replaced it with a higher price tag on basically the same boot. I think you would like the Canadians. I know several people who have them that seem satisfied.

------------------

Back