6mm Nosler E- Tip

Hi gents , I've just recieved some 90 gr 6mm Nosler E-Tips that I intend working up a load for for my .243 Win.

The idea is once again my obsession at trying to minimize pelt damage on Jackal.

Anyone have first hand experience on these bullets your advice will be much appreciated. Most of all , are they accurate and do they group well ?

Kind regards - Roy.

I had very good accuracy and good results with them in my .243 this year on deer. My only complaint is that they are a very long bullet for the weight and don't have the rings cut in them like the Barnes and Hornady lead-free offerings to reduce pressure. That seemed to limit the velocity I could get out of them, but the performance on game was great. Small entrance and small exit with good damage to the vitals.

The E-tip and Barnes 85TSX did not shoot well in my 10 twist Tikka T3. IMO you need faster than 1/10 to really make them perform.I did have success with Barnes 80TTSX which shot around .80 still workin the load and have not tried them in the field.

Thank you friends for your help. With the bullet holding together the way I think they may, how are they if your shot on a broadside is a bit far back - behind the chest area for anchoring a varmint the size of a jackal ? Is there enough shock effect to cause enough internal tissue damage minimizing chance of a runner going to far ?

If you hit heavier bone on a shoulder shot is the exit wound still not excessive ?

I've not shot the E-tip, but I would expect it to perform on game like a Barnes, and I have killed a lot of game with a Barnes.

IMHE, this type of bullet does not cause severe pelt damage, usually a small hole in and out, even after hitting heavy bone.

Back