My eyes are open

Out here where I live, I know every dog that belongs to someone in the area. Mainly cause there are only a few of in the area. The policy on all the ranchers land I hunt on is if we see dogs that do not belong to anyone we know running loose, they bite the dust, all cats get the same treatment.

It is a large problem for quail this time of year, feral cats can really do a job on a new hatch of quail.

Pecos

I finally got my password fixed up. So here goes.
When I was a teenager in Ohio (60's)A widow lived 4 houses away and had at least 100 cats.
They used to follow the creek to our property and were killing all the rabbits and pheasnts. It was a 00 yd. shot from the house to the creekbank. MyDad and I both had the screen removed from one of our bedroom windows. and one rmoved from the kitchen window.

Well one year I racked up 43 cats out of the window . All using my rem. 512 bolt with a weaver b4 scope.

Jon

Jon, you're a man after my own heart! Welcome to Predator Masters.

Sounds like you can help us refine our "cat techniques".
biggrin.gif

------------------
Critr

LW42144.jpg

www.SaguaroSafaris.com

Hey Jon, Welcome back!

That story is more fun to hear every time you tell it. That would be just like the game at the fair were you have to shoot the silhouette as it passes by.

Andrew, I shoot any cat I see, whether wild or my neighbors cat. If it's on my land it's dead. Nice thing is I don't have to look for them. The dogs let me know when they are there.
smile.gif
I also won't hesitate to shoot a dog also. In my opinion if it's a pet it should stay within it's boundaries.

Now a question for you.. why would you want to shoot "all" the birds? Birds help your coyote hunting ya know.

p.s. I think this should be brought to the new Varmint Hunting forum
wink.gif

Ryan

edited for spelling. Man is that spell checker cool!!
------------------
NV88280.jpg

[This message has been edited by ryank (edited 06-16-2001).]

Thanks for all the replies guys. There is no way I could shoot all the birds out there, but every time we go we get atleast 4 or 5. Am I hurting the population if I say.....shoot about 10 or so a month? I have to try out that new 12 guage on something and I dont have a clay thrower.

Back