AR Stoner or Burris AR Mounts

CD82

ok so im going to toss my falt top riser away. i think its my problem. ive been very busy and im getting back around to my toy. right now i have the promag pm066 fal top riser. i want to trash it. and im looking into one of the two mounts

the AR-Stoner 1-Piece Extended Scope Mount

are the Burris AR-P.E.P.R

or i whould even be intrested in a good set of rings that will work on my falt top ar. ive got a dpms oracle

I have several AR's and 4 of them are wearing the Burris mount. I love them and they are built nice. I think they are priced right as well. Not a Larue but for the money they are pretty sweet.

I just got a Rock River mount 1" mount for my SD .264 LBC and I really like it! Joe Bob's had them for $49.

well the burris is nice because of the top picatinny mount. for something like a burris fast fire red dot. looks very handy to me. however ive not made a decision yet

+1 for the Rock River mount. It's as solid as they come, two different offsets to choose from, large screws that don't strip out, and it's only $50 with free shipping if you order online. Made in USA! Got mine two weeks ago. VERY pleased!

Rock River is the way to go heavyduty and american made. Stop supporting the chinesse anytime you can. Have 2 of these and are built bulletproof.

Agree on the RRA mount. Just got one from Joebob to use on a build for a friend and I'm impressed. And I agree on buying American over Chinese. I don't know why the Pepr is more expensive, to those of you who have both brands, is the pepr better built?

Technically speaking the 13 dollar deal extreme fishbone one is the heaviest...i have had all three,,,2 AR's 20"rifles,carry the fishbones.

16" Smith&Wesson "Coyote-X all American limited edition 1 of 1" AR has the RRA mount.

One of these days i will figure out picture posting,,and show off the sticks.

X

Should have found this post yesterday, I would have gave the RRA some thought, looks like a pretty decent mount. Ended up ordering a Burris last night. I do like the top picatinny mounts on the Burris.

The bad side of the top picatinnys on these,,,everything has to be tiny,,not to get in the way of the turrets,,,mount a light there,,it will white wash your scope at night.

I have one of the micro dots on one,,it barely has enough room.

Get whatever one suits ya best,,a quad rail for mounting anything bigger than a micro dot.

X

i seen another post on moutning a burris fastfire on one. thats what i whould mount on there is a burris fast fire red dot

I will be doing what MPFD is talking about. Remember that the closer the sight is to the barrel, the better off you will be. The sight 4" over the barrel, when used for close up shooting is going to cause a big difference in sight distances.

Back