What kind of trigger do I have??

12Ring

My mom and dad use to build AR's years back before they passed away. I didn't really have that much interest in AR's because I was hooked on archery hunting and felt that I was never gonna hunt with a rifle again. Well that all changed when I got into coyote hunting. I'm so hooked on predator hunting now that archery has actually took a back seat.

So anyway, I have a AR that my parents built and I'm gonna build a upper to go with the complete lower. My question is about the Trigger. When I shot the gun at the range I was squeezing the trigger and it all of the sudden clicks and stops. A little more squeeze and it goes off. At first I thought the trigger was messed up because of the click, stop, then fire.

Well now after getting into AR's, I'm wondering if it is a two stage trigger?? Is there anyway I can confirm that it is a two stage trigger and not just a trigger with a problem?? Is there anyway of telling what type of two stage trigger it is, if it indeed is a two stage trigger? Could a picture help in determining that? Thanks.
100_4447.jpg

100_4446.jpg

Last edited:
Ya its a 2 stage,,,rra nm 2 stage,,the back of the hammer kinda looks like a "T".

And yes a picture down on the hammer would help.

I'm not aware 0f any trigger that clicks before it breaks. Yours is not a RR 2 stage I can tell from the picture. You may have a problem.

Let me see if I can take a pic and post it of a RR 2 stage trigger.

ETA although yours is not a RR and it looks like standard milspec trigger, I will say that in a quiet room I just dry fired a few times and there actually is a very slight click on my 2 stage trigger that you can both hear and feel before it hits the wall that will break the trigger. My single stage triggers do not click.

I can't tell from your pic, Is the little spring under the back side of the disconnector?

Last edited:
Back