ultra bore coat

thanks,
read several magazine articals on the stuff but don't seem to find many talking of it. hate to learn the hard way and mess up a good bbl.

Thanks.

What it does is that it fills the imperfections in the bore. These imperfections are what make copper fouling stick to your barrel. The rougher the barrel, the more it helps. The barrels are therefore easier to clean.

What it also does, is increase velocity slightly. They do not mention this, but I have found it to be true. When I told them this they agreed 100% and told me the US Army had just run a bunch of experiments and concluded same.

I believe you will soon see some major manufacturers using it in their barrels........

It's a cermet (ceramic/metallic) nano type product. There have been a couple of them out in past years, but nobody (until now?) overcame the inherent problems of trying to get a concentric/consistent/smooth application in the first place, and getting a proper cure using the heat from fired rounds in the second place.

It's legitimate technology, used widely in industry (on turbine blades for instance), it's the application in gun bores that's been problematic in the past.

Back