Asking for a new forum.......

ryank

AzWill,

I was wondering if it would be possible to start a new forum called something like "Upland Game birds, Waterfowl, and training the dogs we use to hunt them"

PLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAASSSSSSSEEEEEE?

RK

------------------
Idle hands may be the devils work, but idle minds are so much worse

Ryank,
Would have to agree with you completely, We all have big intrests in the upland hunting and the best dogs suited for the job. Should make for some good info exchange.
What do ya think AzWill?

would like that.I am very involved with ducks unlimited .I have sat on the board for three years in tucson.I have got D/U members interested in calling also just telling them about the thrill of the hunts.also do alot of bird hunting.count me in if you do this,will report for the tucson area/southeast az..

There are forums out there to see all the info that you need about dogs and upland and waterfowl hunting, I would like to see this site remain a full time predator site.
If you like i will try and get all the web addresses for the other hunting sites, or you can do a search and get specific on what you would like to see.

I feel that is what makes the few predator only sites unique, its not about ducks or grouse its about toothy critters, this site appeals to a different bunch of hunters, granted most of us hunt different species, but there are some on here who hunt only predators and I think we get a different perspective on predators and hunting in general because of them, I think its good

If we do decide to install such a forum, anyone interested in becoming a moderator?

I simply can’t take on watching over another topic in the forum right now. We already have a Big Game Forum and I don’t see where adding a bird-hunting forum will degrade the main focus of Predator Masters.

If one person doesn't have the time, then maybe two members can share the responsibilities of moderating the forum.

We can add as many topics as we’d like and need. If they proven to be rather non-productive in generating interest, we can always cut them from the board.

P.S. Sorry, I forgot I wanted to say something to howler.... Very good point about staying focused on calling predators.

I'm going to ask you a personal favor here howler...if you ever feel that Predator Masters is beoming something other than what is intended, please feel free to say so. I've come to value your words highly and sometime I can't see the forest because of the trees.

Please let me know....
wink.gif

------------------
predatorlogo3jpg.gif

http://www.predatormasters.com

[This message has been edited by AzWill (edited 04-08-2001).]

[This message has been edited by AzWill (edited 04-08-2001).]

AZwill,
I don't hunt upland birds or waterfowl anymore, but I do have the time to help out with another forum if I am needed. Maybe we could stick wild turkey hunting in to the bird hunting forum somehow?

I have noticed that the hand calls section could use more activity too. Anyone have idea's about what we could add over there to attract more interest?

Ducks and geese ARE PREDATORS in grain fields in North Dakota. They thresh out the grain out of the heads with their bills and by walking all over the swaths. They also have a nasty habit of pooping on your swaths. Geese, especially, have a nasty habit of shelling out way more grain than they eat.

Another little problem I witnessed firsthand last summer--three families of Canada geese nested in a little community park right next to the golf course I belong to. Well, they weren't content to stay over in the park and ventured over to the golf course. Six adults and about 18 goslings decided the grass was greener on the golf course. At first many of the members of the club thought these little things were cute and didn't want the groundskeeper to try to scare them away. Pretty soon the geese have feces all over the course. You can't step anywhere without goose poop on your shoes. Guess what, now the members who thought these geese were so cute are insisting the groundskeeper do his duty and get rid of them. GEESE ARE VARMINTS, THEY ARE PREDATORS.

If there are people who would belong to the Predator Masters forums if we had an upland game/waterfowl/dog forum, I am in favor of letting them have a forum if the powers that run this show see fit to do so. If you aren't interested in an upland game/waterfowl/dog forum, you don't have to click on that forum. Stay out of it if that is not your area of interest. JMHO and thanks for reading/listening.

[This message has been edited by Silverfox (edited 04-08-2001).]

AZWILL sounds good to me. I don't hunt birds I do hunt clay birds hehehe
biggrin.gif
but it looks like Ryank can be the Moderator
biggrin.gif

------------------
Jason's Gun Room
Quality Custom Gunsmithing

AzWill,

I would enjoy moderating a forum, I am offering my assistance to Rich Cronk in the matter. OR EVEN JASON SINCE HE VOLUNTEERED ME ALREADY!
biggrin.gif

RK

------------------

sliverfox,
Just got to thinking. Bet that digital caller with the geese sounds would work. I know for a fact the FP turkey caller is working. he he
wink.gif

Locator

Locator--what have you got in mind with the digital caller and the geese? Are you suggesting I take my digital caller and act like the Pied Piper and lead those geese down to the local jail for defecating in public? I don't think that will fly (pardon the pun). What's your contingency plan?

It is with great pleasure to hear that the vote was a yes on the upland, waterfowl, and k-9's forum. I will save the rest for the forum itself.
smile.gif

RK

------------------

I too agree with silverfox,if you aren't interested stay out,pretty simple to me.We need every bit of interest,from every possible group of hunters to further our cause.IMHO.

Hey Silver,
No pun intended, I can see where a caller would call the geese in was all. Would like to test that theory myself. No not the Pied Piper thing.
biggrin.gif

Locator--Electronic callers and waterfowl are usually NO-NOs here in ND. However, I think they are allowing them for the Spring snow goose season. I don't do the waterfowl hunting bit, but I think the electronic caller should be a real "killer" method of bringing them in. Especially if you don't have the knack for using the mouth calls.

Back