anyone use low profile chairs to coyote hunt?

Austin419

Found this in the bargain cave at cabelas. Looks good to get you up off the damp ground an looks comfy [img:center]http://images.cabelas.com/is/image/cabelas/s7_519091_999_01?rgn=0,0,2000,1211&scl=5.504545454545455&fmt=jpeg&id=3jouvSOVJ8-ql_EmoGh950[/img]

While I don't own one Ive heard more than a few people recommend the Gobbler Lounger from cabelas and it happens to be in the bargain cave right now.... I've got 2 on order...

I use the gobbler lounger and I love it...very comfy, you can sit still for a long time. It is the perfect height to use with my harris bipod fully extended. The only drawback is if something comes in from far left or right or behind hard to turn to get the shot. 5 of my seven coyotes this year were shot from it. buy one you wont regret it

Seen this in the bass pros redhead cat about 4-5 years ago. But found it at a small hunting shop 3 years ago. Don't know if they even make em anymore but it has saved my back from going out anymore while out hunting. Kinda like a reclining lawn chair it has 5 settings for back angle.

When this wears out you will see a grown man cry. lol

100_0368.jpg

100_0369.jpg

Just wish it was snow camo but when your sitting they can't see it anyways.

Originally Posted By: frozenbuttSeen this in the bass pros redhead cat about 4-5 years ago. But found it at a small hunting shop 3 years ago. Don't know if they even make em anymore but it has saved my back from going out anymore while out hunting. Kinda like a reclining lawn chair it has 5 settings for back angle.

When this wears out you will see a grown man cry. lol

100_0368.jpg

100_0369.jpg

They have similar ones to this also at cabelas. Soo many choices

Just wish it was snow camo but when your sitting they can't see it anyways.

Originally Posted By: jimmyg75I use the gobbler lounger and I love it...very comfy, you can sit still for a long time. It is the perfect height to use with my harris bipod fully extended. The only drawback is if something comes in from far left or right or behind hard to turn to get the shot. 5 of my seven coyotes this year were shot from it. buy one you wont regret it

+ 1 on the lounger.

Does anyone know where I can get a seat cushion like the one frozenbutt has pictured above? I tried Bass Pro, cabelas and ebay with nothing. I would use it for turkeys and coyote hunting and would be perfect because I sit on a pad now but a backrest like that would be great.

Most of the time I just use a pad to sit on. The chair with the back and legs looks like it would hinder your movement if a critter comes in from a direction you didn't expect.

I use an Alps Turkey Chair. I just setup the chair in a clearing then watch the coyotes come in and lay down in it. Beats using an e-caller and taking running shots!
lol.gif

S7303485.jpg

Actually, I shot this coyote at about 115 yards away then placed him in my chair to pose with it.
thumbup.gif
Having a back rest really helps to hold the rifle steadier.

My lil brother has a seat just like frozen butts but it is red. Ive seen them at walmart and target but would have to be painted or covered in burlap. Ive thought about stealing it more than once

I use a small turkey strut chair with 6 inch folding legs on it. Its very light and just perfect to set up against a tree and shoot off your knee. The good thing is no more legs and feet falling asleep. I bought it at walmart for $7 but it was mismarked. It rang up $14.96 but they sold it to me for what the price tag said.

I use a turkey vest, but you dont always have a tree to lean on. I. gonna sew in a strap of webbing across the back and to the seat so I can sit back.

Back