whats the best coyote shotgun?

Start on post 1 of the predator forums and read till you're sick. Then start on post 1 in the firearms section. You'll get all the opinions possible from .22lr to 45-70.

Originally Posted By: Critter Gitter12I know im asking a ford vs chevy questions just wanting some opinions.

You’re late to the party, this has been hashed out a gazillion times before you. I’ll forge ahead regardless… I think I could make a pretty good case for a repeating .12 gauge shotgun that is dead nuts reliable in any weather situation. It needs to be portable, lightweight, fast handling, and as quick and natural to you as pointing your finger and saying “bang.” To me that means no more than 7 ¼ pounds and leave off the pistol grip/sure shot type bulky stocks. The gun needs a medium length barrel, not too stubby and whippy, not too long and bothersome. A barrel of around 24” – 26” seems about right and gives best patterns for the least amount of work invested generally. Screw-in chokes offer a great deal of versatility and are pretty much a must. If the gun fits as it should and you have good shooting form and habits leave off any sort of sighting system you have to bolt on and that adds weight, bulk, or fragility to the gun. A dull finish and a sling round it out pretty well.

i learned its not right in my opinion to say the best..for a person who hunts different terrain than i do...

i have a mossburg 500 with the what looks like dipped camo..i tried 3 chokes the true glow held the best pattern...its good to 45 yards...consistent..and fairly tight group...

I have a 870 Supermag and have always used pumps, but now Im currently hunting at nite alone and holding a light and pumping a gun is very difficult. I can see where a good semi will have some honest merit too.

Back