Any 9mm or 300 Whisper AR owners?

cbass16

If you live in the right state, I've got a toy that COULD be yours.
This isn't a classified listing, just meant to answer some questions and judge an interest. If you've ever wanted to add the 9mm or 300Whisper or 300Blackout to your list of AR calibers ... this baby would quiet her down some.
This is an SWR Trident9 and it's one of the best 9mm suppressors available right now, not my opinion...a fact.
Its been test fired less than one full 33rd mag (right around 25 shots) and it's currently sitting at my dealers on a Form 3.

Lets hear some questions or comments about the 9mm AR uppers and even the other Whisper stuff. (I might have just as many questions for actual owners as I would answers on this topic)

IMAG0158.jpg

IMAG0159.jpg

(some random YT video showing it on an AR with subsonic ammo)
Spikes AR15 9mm SWR Trident 9 147 GR Subsonic

Same suppressor on a Glock 19

Same suppressor with a 9mm AR and a 300Whisper AR
(it is not covered by the warranty when used on the Whisper, but since pressures are about the same as 9mm, many many people are doing so)

Last edited:
I've got a 300 Whisper- Fireball-221-W T F........Dtech built the upper. I bought a Thunder Beast 30P-1. I bought it because it is titanium and rated for ip to 300 Win. Mag. It works extremely well. This the most fun gun to shoot that I have.

i have got both. i have run the 9mm ar with the can and with subsonic ammo is quite quiet. i also run it on a glock 17. i have done some load development to find a round that will cycle the ar and the glock and be subsonic in both. my 300 fireball upper has not shown the accuracy that i am looking for. the 300 fireball barrel has been threaded for the 9mm can but i have not fired it with the can attached yet. my can is a gemtech multimount.
my 9mm ar is all colt parts except the lower, it may have been a police or military "parts" kit. there are only 2 problems that i have had with it. the 2 allen head bolts that hold the gas key on the carrier sheared off once. i replaced them with new good hardware and no problem since. on some occasions the magwell block rides up in the magwell and the ejector contacts the bolt carrier and slows down the carrier enough to not fully close. it simply means that the block must be securely fastened in the magwell as low as the mag catch will allow. the recoil with the 9mm feels rather harsh so on my full auto lower i have a hydraulic buffer. the 300 fireball has been completely flawless in function, however the accuracy has been mediocre. i have more testing to do for ammo and after that it may need to get looked at. i bought it used but the previous owner swears that it has a shilen select match barrel, on an fn upper. it has a pistol length gas system but is not adjustable. it fires 220gr subsonic with perfect reliability and 130gr supersonic with perfect reliability also. i have chronographed the 130's at over 2200 fps with no signs of high pressure.
i have a question, how about a load that will cycle a 16" barrel 9mm ar, and a glock 17 while still being subsonic in both? i have been wanting to find a scope for the fireball that will allow me to have 2 points of aim, one for supersonic and one for subsonic. my decision was a mil-dot, any other ideas?

How's repeat accuracy at say...300yds with the Whisper?
I know of a fellow here in SD that has some great YT videos ringing steel with his, but he couldn't get sufficient groups at that range. Or, I should say, they weren't good enough for him.

Oh yeah...and the Thunder Beast cans are quite literally awesome, no question.
IIRC...The tube is milled from a solid piece of titanium bar. I know someone does this and I home my memory serves me correctly. If that's true, they turn more weight worth of titanium into scrap shavings than most people have in an entire can.

I am using 8.6gns of N110 with a 220smk and getting moa at 100 yds. Mine is a ten inch barrel. 8.2gns of AA9 was almost as good. You can vet a lot of info on the quarterbore forums.

best accuracy i have gotten so far is in the 1.5 to 1.75 minute range. i admit i havent done a great amount of load development, but at this point it doesnt look good. i am wondering if maybe the crown was damaged during threading? the bolt also looks like a cheapo, i may try a bolt from another gun and see what happens.
i have tried h110, and winchester 296. with the 130gr i have a lot of room to play with seating depth and i havent done that at all.

I've done zero for accuracy development (just functional) one my .300 whisper as mine is set up as a pistol only right now. I still need to pay the tax and go though all the forms to convert to SBR.

My buddy and I built this one. He did all the machining on the shilen 1:8 twist barrel. We cut it down to 7" and kept opening up the gas port until 100% cycling was achieved. I do have an adjutable low profile block on there in hopes of moving from subsonic to supersonic a little easier IF I should even need it.

I do live in the wrong state for this gun but I can only hope and dream and write as many letters as I can to some day be able to own a supressor here. Once this gun is SBR okay, It would perfect with a supressor on it.

Currently I'm running 220 grain SMKs through it and with a red dot at 50 yards I can hold 1.5" off a rest as the gun is set up below. My buddies 6.5" barrel puts em in 2.5" at 100 yards with an eotech without magnification. Both of us need to get these SBR'd and get working on load development.

Cool round and gun for sure.
300Whisper7b.jpg

Already own a Trident, just don't use it much. Been lookin at the blackout though. Looks like it could be a decent caliber. Since it will work with the trident, it should be a win win.
smile.gif

Since I already have a .22 converted AR, the 9mm carbine just doesn't interest me anymore. Crazy, I know,,,,
scared.gif

Back