AR's and gun safes

coyotex

Anyone know of a gun safe,,that the inside adapts better than others for the girth of a AR?

Ive got 2 safes now,,needing a 3rd the one is suppose to hold 14 long guns,,,it is stuffed with 4 ars.

X

No safe holds what they claim...that is unless the gun has nothing on it, no scopes, etc.
I have a winchester branded safe, cant recall the MFG though, smaller than my old 36x60x28 safe and I have 2 ARs & 7 bolt guns in it all scoped and have room for a few more.

^ An AWESOME idea from browning to appeal to the tacticool crowd!

It is a sweet looking safe! I'd pay the extra $300 over the "standard" one of equivalent size!

Checkout the Gun Storage Solutions: Rifle Rods. They're pretty slick, and help get more efficiency inside a safe with rifles and pistols.

GSS-RR-40k-2.jpg

You lose a ton of space in a standard safe layout especially with pistol gripped firearms and/or scopes.

Have the rifle rods in my safe after I ran out of room. I works really good on all my ar's and others. The only problem that I ran in to is that the rods are not long enough for you to have the same height shelf going across the top. Which you can see to the pic that Joebob posted. The rods are the same length and if you have some short guns the rod will not stick in far enough. I had tobuild a little step on the bottom of my safe to raise some of my short ar's and 22's up so that the rods would work proper. It gained me plenty of space for my ar's. The only thing is that in another year or so I will have to buy another safe. But I will order the rifle rods for it also. One thing that you need to also know is that if you have any 17cal guns make sure that you order some of the 17cal rods.

I have found I have more room if I turn some rifles upside down - other words, stand the ones with a muzzle device (like most AR-15s) on their muzzle, on the opposing side of the safe where a rifle sits on it's buttstock. That move alone allowed me to nearly double the room I once thought I had.

ARSAFE.gif

Another trick I use - albeit not inexpensive - is to buy repeatable QD scope mounts when I can like Larue or ADM, or QD rings like Leupold and Warne, to remove the scopes. That saves a lot room and keeps me from worrying about banging scopes up when removing from or putting something into a crowded safe.

I use the rifle rods in mine as well, I just moved one of the bottom shelves up for all the "short" guns. They work very well. I leave a gap between rows so I can still access the ones in the back. My only issue now is; I have several uppers that are still too short even when sitting on the "short rifle" shelf. I guess I'll have to order another safe!

Originally Posted By: Jeff270Anyone know where to get the discount codes for rifle rods? There site has a place to enter one.

Thanks

We sell the rifle rods at a much lower price than the manufacturer. Enter coupon code "PM" for an additional 5% off

Rifle Rods at JoeBob's. They're in stock, and ship same day
thumbup1.gif

Last edited:
Back