Wild Justice

Bluetickstyle

Anybody out there been watching the T.V. show Wild Justice. It's about game wardens in California. Just wandering on yalls take on how they portray bear hunters on there?? Seems to me like they make everyone with a gun trying to hunt wether its deer or bear into a poacher, or a (Player=someone selling bear parts) as one Warden kept saying....just stirring a lil s#it here lol

I have seen the show, I agree they do "dramatize" stuff alot.
The best show they had was when the warden was trying to bust some bear hunters, and they released a treed bear.
He seemed a little disapointed.

I have seen the show, seems like somebody just doesn’t like hunters and had the money to twist the show the way they wanted it, I have even heard them say when they were at the road block check point that almost everybody they contacted were legal good folks but I still get the same feeling that you do blue tick. Just a bad vibe

You should watch the hog hunting episode and listen to all the trash they talk about hog dog hunters. It was enough to make me stop watching and supporting that show. That show makes all houndsmen out to be criminals, they haven't said one positive thing about hunting with dogs.

I work in LE in Las Vegas and have had camera crews from several shows ride with me. Cops, Vegas Vice, Vegas Jail, the local news, etc. I have spoken at length with crews about what does and does not make for good tv. Making everyone out to be bad is what sells. No one would watch a show about a cop or gamewarden or whatever who couldnt find a bad guy. Now, remember that these crews can shoot for months to get on a good story, and that "reality TV" sells. If they talked about all the good hunters, the network would drop the show. It sucks, but is the reality of the industry.

The episode where they caught a guy poaching in town with a bow was definitly a recreation, if not a lie. They found arrows just laying on top of snow that had supposedly been shot at a deer.Those arrows would have been buried under the snow and grass.And there would be marks in snow to show where the arrow had slid. It bugs me that we are made to look so heartless and wasteful in the public eye.We are already negative enough.The general public,I mean.At work, the hot news is who got fired, in our towns it's who got arrested or died...Too bad we don't focus on more positive stuff.

I live in glenn county where a lot of this stuff is filmed and the feeling around here is fear of all wardens. A good friend who in the past had turned in a poacher says now he would think twice. Sad actually. The show where the guy did roll over on someone cost him dearly. He was atacked with a 2x4 and then had his truck burned up. Supposedly he agreed to comply only if not on camera( didn't happen that way). Most of these guys are bad dudes who deserve what they get but it does put all the good people doing it the right way in a bad light to the nonhunters. Funny, I think they pulled the show.

Maybe we should get together, and "bankroll" a show.
Call it "Hunters For A Cause".
Show hunters donating to foodbanks, teaching firearm saftey to kids, taking inner city kids fishing, relocating animals into areas they used to thrive,............All the stuff that hunters, and our license fees do.
Problem is, no channel would carry it.

Duane, u figure out a way to make it happen, and I'm in! Probably have better luck with a show devoted to publicly embarrassing and humiliating the "antis" and "bunny Huggers" though. I think its about time we put them on trial for all the harassment, and hardships they put us through. JMO.

I also live in california and the feeling I have gathered from people here is that as hunters we always thought wardens were on our side. However it rarely looks that way on the show. The way hunters are alienated on the show and made to look like outlaws is rediculous. We all know that 99% of hunters are completely law abiding but these yahoos who dont know the difference just think that all are hunters are blood thirsty criminals. I have been sorely dissapointed with california fish and game and NGC. California in general is a lost cause for the hunter and gun enthusiast anymore, all we can really do is bring the leaat amount of attention to ourselves as possible and just keep our heads down. Its sad but its the truth.

I may do that. Im hoping that I will be able to move to a free state sometime in the near future just cant walk away from my work right now. Ya'll feel lucky to not live in ca.

Back