Tell Us A Little About Yourself

I am Jack Canupp from Gainesville, Ga. I'm 65 yrs old and stay in good physical condition. Retired Captain from Sheriffs office. My wife (the best in the southeast) encourages me to do the things I like while in good health. I rifle and bow hunt; turkey, bear, hogs, deer and love coyote hunting. Also surf fish at Cape Hatteras, NC. Looking for someone to invite me to hunt coyotes where I can see them coming...close combat here in Georgia. Have been re-loading for 31 years; enjoy life and meeting good people.

Jack

I figured this was the place to make my 1st post.

I'm 37 years old, from Iowa, married for 18 years and I have 3 great sons (14, 11, and 1 1/2 yr olds)

New to predator hunting and thirsting for knowledge about it. I have been out several times calling and have called in 1 red fox which I got by calling with a cassette walkman with an external speaker for a CB (this was my very 1st attempt at calling) but have zeroed so far on coyotes when calling /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif

Needless to say, I'm now hooked and have myself more properly set up with a new Remington 700 SPS in .204 caliber paired with a Bushnell 3x9x40 and have made my own e-caller and have several Johnny Stewart tapes and a Cass Creek Predator II caller and a few hand calls. Now that I'm getting close to the $1000.00 range for money invested into predator hunting (much to my wife's dismay /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif) I figure I'd better use the knowledge I can get from the real pros out there, so here I am!

The last several attempts at calling have been a learning experience, been busted a couple times that I know of /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif . Looks like there is a TON of good info on this site and I thank the person who turned me onto this site /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowingsmilie.gif . Thanks for letting me rant on my 1st post. I hope to be a long time member here who might actually learn how to do this right and maybe give a few pointers of my own years down the road to a newbie /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Thanks again..........Trevor.

Last edited:
Here goes, New member, just getting in to the internet thing, can't believe what I've been missing! My name is Chris Elmore. I live in South Central KY. near Bowling Green. I'm 33 and a Local 40 Union Boilermaker. I spent 4 years in the USMC so I'm a former Jarhead. I'm not married and have no kids. But I do have a 3yr old nephew and a 13 yr old cousin that are just about my whole life!!! I hunt deer, turkey, quail, ducks, geese, squirrel, coyotes, and bobcats. My dad started takeing me callin for fox when I was 8. I still enjoy calling but now its for coyotes and bobcats. I also fish every chance I get and fish a bass circuit. I've got 3 English Pointers and a Black Lab.

My name's Matt, I'm a 2nd year medical student living in Las Vegas. I've been married for ~6 years and have a 2 year old son and another due in January. I've been an avid varmint hunter since I got my first rifle (a .22) at 12 years old (I'm now 28). I've dabbled in big game hunting and within the last year have taken up coyote hunting. Being a full time student, I don't have much time to hunt, but I take every opportunity I can to go administer lead injections. I'm always looking for opportunities to learn from those more experienced than I, if there's anyone in the Las Vegas area that doesn't mind showing a rookie the ropes, I would sure love to tag along.

Doc Coyote

hello,

my name is john and i live in new york. I am 14 years old. I love hunting, but my parents are liberals and won't ever let me go. It first interested me when I took a trip to georgia to see my relatives. Through study, I've found that when I get older I would like to hunt coyote.

live long and hunt hard,
john

Hello All,

Bob here. I'm 48 and have been hunting and camping just about my whole life. For alot of my adult life I was a big game hunter who saved every penny I could and traveled this continent going after various game. Then I got a bird dog. "Luke" is a French Brittany who caused my to give up the big game travel and stay home. Bird hunting's become an addiction. The one thing I've never done, but was always in the back of my mind is predator hunt. Well, I've decided to take it up. It sounds exciting and fascinating, and it won't interfere with the birds. I've got alot of questions.

It'll be good to meet you all,
Bob Boehler

Hello fellow hunters! I am a contractor in the great state of Oklahoma. I am 26 years old and have been married for 6 in March. I have a beutiful daughter who is ready to start hunting with dad. I raise and breed redbone bloodhounds. I enjoy hunting, tracking, fishing, and everything outdoors. I have a very supportive wife who understands my needs for the outdoors. I enjoy chating with people who share the same needs as I. I hope to be chating with all of you soon.
"BLOODHOUNDER"

Hello everyone. I make a living as a Network Engineer, but I am always tring to find a way to make a living working for myself. I grew up that way and Dad has worked for himself for 30 years or so. I enjoy hunting, reloading, fabrication, black powder cannons, HAM radios, fishing, custom knife making, playing cards, and cutting firewood. I am 30 years old and have a wife a son that is almost a year and a half old. I am a volunteer fireman in my little town. I just got into predator hunting but I have been deer hunting with a rifle for about 17 years and bow hunting for about 6 years. I really like going out shooting any gun and that is probably why I reload my ammo cuz it's cheaper.

Have a good one.

Hi my name is Chris Turnbull, and Im an alcoholic......

Ok not really, but my name is Chris Turnbull. Im 27, married to a beautifull lass of 27 and have a 3 year old daughter. I live in N.E. Oregon, and am an avid outdoorsman. I used to be a construction contractor here, and then signed up for the Navy. I served my tour, and came back here to Oregon and am now working for another contractor. I have been a hunter all my life, mostly an archery hunter until I caught the firearms bug. I have gained serious interest in the last 10 years into predators, and hunt them allmost exclusivley. I have bear, cougar, bobcat, and many o' coyotes under my belt. Now we cannot use dogs or bait to hunt bear or cougar so I am having to resort to calling them bigger predators. I called 3 bear in last year (WAY EXCITING) and no cougar that I saw but I did hear some. I didnt get my cougar for 05' but am giving 100% this year until I do, no deer, no elk until I harvest my cougar. Other than that, I fish, camp, hike, hunt, reload, hunt, shoot, hunt, and I often have some time to hunt!

I wanted to say that I am glad that I found this website, and really enjoy all the company here. The information available here is second to none, so founders and moderators.....Hats off to you fellas. You will be recieving a donation from me along with a sticker purchase in the next few days........Again Thanks

My wife thanks you all to, since I have found this page I have spent LOTS less time looking at "adult oriented material"

HI All,
I'm new here and have had a great time reading all of the articles. My name is Larry Forrester and I'm married and living in Lehigh Valley near Allentown, PA. I am almost 60 but would rather say 59! Hunted all of my life and love it. I have three children all grown. My Son Ryan is a fantastic hunter. I am an IT Consultant and know just enough to keep me out of trouble /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I'm retiring in June from the Army Reserves with 40 years under my belt as a CW5 Chief Warrant Officer. Getting ready for a prairie dog hunt this July and really excited about it. Met a guy from the Denver area and he's taking me up to Wyoming. After reading about the coyotes, now I'm hooked for sure! Don't have a lot of guns in the arsenal but always trying to add another! Good luck huntin'!! I'm hooked on this site and coyotes now!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Last edited:
Howdy,
I am a new member here myself. My name is Richie Randel, I am 42 years of age, I married my second wife in 2000 and she is much better than the first /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif. I have a 21 year old daughter who has two kids of her own which makes me grandpa. I also have a 12 year old step son. I am an avid outdoorsman and my favorite pusuits are predator hunting, bowhunting Elk, Icefishing, Deer and Antelope Hunting and Golfing. I am a Police Officer and I currently work as a Patrol Sergeant, SWAT team member, Firearms Instructor, Glock Armorer and an Accident Reconstructionist. I have been with my current agency for 11 years and prior to that I was a US Army Military Policeman for 5 years. I did a 6 month tour in Iraq, Kuwait & Saudi during Desert Shield/Desrt Storm.
I have high hopes for this site since it came highly recommended. I recently had a bad experience on another site and I dont need anymore drama. I am looking for a site to learn a few new tricks and to share some of my experience, knowledge and experiences with others who share my passion.

My name is Lynn Wilcox from Unadilla, New York. I'm 47 years old. Been hunting all my life. Got my first Red Rider at 6 years old.
Called my first coyotes in in January of 1998, but only seriously hunting coyotes for the pass 2 years. Now I'm hooked.

I thought I did this a long time ago, but I guess I didn't. I'm Cody Ervin, soon to be 29 and still feel like I'm 15. I'm from sw Nebraska, and I'm a by god American. I have a wife who loves to hunt turkeys and deer. I also have two childen, a daughter who's four and a boy who'll be two. The only thing I love more than hunting is my family. I'm a rancher and I'm damn proud of it. My family has run cattle in Nebraska since 1887. If your my friend I'll charge hell with a bucket of water for ya. I started trapping mice when I was 4 years old and have been a wildman ever since. I killed my first pheasant at age 8 and first yote at 11 with a 22. My favorite things to hunt are coyotes and whitetails with my recurve. I've killed coyotes with anything from a bow to a 300 H&H. Some people hunt because they want to, I hunt because I have to. It's what I am. I love reading everyones posts on this site. Thank you for having it.

I'm pretty much brand new to the site. I found out about it from a friend. I'm also new to predator hunting, just learning right now and getting my feet wet.

I'm married and have two kids. I'm busy in my church, and am in Law Enforcement. All of the above keep me really busy, so hunting time is hard to come by.

Well, now that I've posted elsewhere on the forum, I better properly introduce myself.

My name is Cade Thibodeaux, yeah trueblood cajun coonass from the sportsmans paradise of Louisiana, transplanted a mile in altitude to Fort Collins CO. I'm 31, just married last August, but knew it was true love when she fused at me that the freezer we got for a wedding gift wasn't big enough for all the meat i "better come home from hunting with!" No kids, yet. Enjoy hunting anything, fishing, and four wheeling. Took my first coyote last fall on opening day of deer/elk/bear season with a muzzle loader at 70 yards and was instantly hooked on the idea of predators. My prefered method of take is with the old smoke pole so getting critters in close is always the trick. I've since been asked to take care of a problem mountain lion on private land, so I'm trying to learn as much as I can fast! Called my first cats (two bobcats this last weekend) while trying for the big guy. I look forward gaining lots of great ideas from this group and hope that someday there might be a PM hunt some closer than AZ. See you all in the boards or better yet on a stand.

Hello....My name is Tom and I live in Ohio,I'm 53 and as my screen handle implies,,I'm still waiting on my first yote kill. I've been reading alot here for some time before registering. And enjoy that more than typing.
There are some coyotes in my area,, but they travel in and out,,so that and the prevailing wind is why I believe I haven't been lucky yet.
I shoot 223 and enjoy killing paper as much as just walking and being in the woods.
I also own a boat capable of fishing our Great Lakes and fish for salmon and steelhead trout and walleye and perch.

HI, My name is Nick. If you've been on NAHC, FOXPRO, or Utah DWR's forums you may have seen my name and I am one and the same.

I've been married about a year and a half to a great Cali girl who grew up in the city. This past October she killed a 6 point bull elk on her first hunt ever. I'm still proud as can be. No kids yet since we are both going to school right now. I'm majoring in Biology and she is majoring in Psycology. She also works full time. In the summer I make ends meet by locating underground utilities and helping run a small landscaping company.

Before starting school I spent 4 years in the Marine Corps as a driver in an artillery battery in 29 Palms, CA. I also spent time in quite a few different places around the globe including Iraq.

I've been calling predators for 13 years and can't think of any kind of hunting I enjoy more. I enjoy the calling part as much as the shooting part. I also love bowhunting for elk and mule deer, pheasant hunting, and I'm starting to get in to Spring Turkey hunting.

Here are some pictures I keep online:

Nick's Pics

This is my first post on this site and I'm glad to be here.

my name is Randy Howland from chicago hieghts il. Been with the same wonderful women for 6 years (need to get married). I'm 34 years old. I'm a loan officer (mortgages). no 2 legged kids but three 4 legged kids ferlin (johnson american bulldog) Maggie (bullmastiff) Hoxie (thier daughter) 2 cats too. I have had a bad addiction to guns and now got a new addiction to bow hunting. Have only been deer hunting 2 years and now I have become interested in predator hunting.I also have a car I drag race (86 turbo buick) which I want sell so I can buy a four wheeler.I am also currently waiting to take take my test for the cook county sheriffs office (3 more months). And I also like to use ()..................alot.LOL

46 Years young and live in the Lubbock area of Texas in a small town called Sundown Tx. Just started hunting coyotes this year. I've been a on and off hunter for the last 25 years or so. I grew up in the center of Texas in Limestone county in a town called Groesbeck. Moved to Houston in the late seventies and went to work offshore on geophysical survey boats for Western Geophysical. Stayed with them for 22 years and have worked all over the world. I now work for a oilfield meter shop and have more time to do the things I like to do. I try to get out and coyote hunt at least twice a week. I have permission to hunt on three large ranches in the area and am always looking for new hunting locations. I haven't got my first dog yet but I ain't giving up!

Another new guy here. I have read alot of the posts before I decided to become a member. I grew up in small-town Nebraska(age 52) and hunted extensively there: pheasant, turkey, coyotes, pd's and other misc small game. Transplanted to AZ, hunting was sacrificed, but want to get back and will focus on predator as turkey tags are hard to get. Most of my coyote hunting was in snow, by sight and stalk. Very little calling, but have always wanted to get better at it. Would truly appreciate going along as "student" with an experienced caller. I have an old 722 in 222 Rem that my dad used on hundreds of coyotes(no kidding). And I just bought a RRA AR with 24" bull bbl. getting used to it now. have Honda quad, trout fish several times a year (back country), and enjoy each outing just to be getting out in the country. enjoy the 'net and digital pictures for being able to share.

Back