The 2011 Hunt in Pictures! LOTS of them!

Great pictures Barry.
thumbup1.gif

Thanks for everything, Barry. I was stunned and impressed when all the kids got airguns. This is how to get the young ones started down the right path.

Originally Posted By: tripod3Looks Like fun. Wish I had that standard schnauzer.

I don't blame you. Buster's a great dog to hunt with. I'd loan you my rifle or truck and maybe even Buster for a day, but you'd have to get your own eventually....
lol.gif

Barry, I had a great time, and enjoyed the pictures. Hope you enjoy your "retirement"!

Bear: It has been in Las Cruces, New Mexico the last 2 years, and Globe, Arizona for something like 3-6years before that.

I heard RUMOR that Las Cruces is a likely long term spot for the hunt.

Quote:Is it in the same place every year For several years, it was held at the Apache Indian Reservation at Globe AZ and just changed to Las Cruces NM last year (2010)....

The Las Cruces ares is much better for the event due to the amount of public land, potential Coyote population, banquet facilities, and shooting range for practice, if needed...The local motels have bent over backward to provide really good rates and service and the wider selection of restaurants in the area is a plus as well...

While there might be some reason in the future to change the location, I think for the overall purposes, Las Cruces may be home for the event for quite a while...

Great pics Barry! Nice for the people that couldn't make it. Man, looks like the PM Hunt has been really good to Rick
thumbup.gif
! Got the award last year and a new rifle this year? How awesome is that?

Looks like A LOT of fun! Like others have said, that's awesome that Crossman donated rifles to all the kids. Lots of good sponsors on PM!

Arden

Originally Posted By: OldTurtle
While there might be some reason in the future to change the location, I think for the overall purposes, Las Cruces may be home for the event for quite a while...

You just made my day!

Old Turtle: I always hesitate to post rumors even if I label them as such. I am glad you came along and substantiated what I only had through word of mouth.

It is great to hear that my home will likely be the home of at least a few more PM hunts!!! Especially since I wouldn't be able to make it were it anywhere else.

I personally, for purely selfish reasons having to do with being behind the wheel for 24 hrs, would really like to have it located more centrally. The reality of that is that it's proving extremely difficult to find a place with the sort of access we need for 100 or more hunter to be set loose on.

Las Cruces has the facilities to hold us, plenty of land to hunt within reasonable driving distance, affordable licenses, etc.

Bottom line is I think we're pretty much adopting the place for a while
wink.gif

While it's nice to go to different places, another plus is that over time we're going to learn more about where & how to more productively hunt the area.

Stu I promise I am going to try and find out where the coyotes are before next years hunt. Even if I have to start baiting them a month before hand!!!! (Just kidding there, but I don't think it is illegal)

I can sympathize on the long drive just the drive out of town to hunt was getting me twitching in my seat. Hopefully next year I will have my back figured out, and you'll be the one working to keep up! LOL, I was impressed how fast you made it back to the truck after every stand! I figured the altitude might have slowed you eastern low altitude guys down, but you And duffman just kept right along!

FWIW, I *like* the area. There's good food, good people, lots of room to hunt, lot's to see. For me, a week there just flies by.

Back