The Perfect Storm???

skinney

Director
For those of you informed you know what i'm talking about, I try and "inform" my friends/relatives, but not sure if im getting through... we have the middle east in riots, the muslim brotherhood looking to take over every advatage they can get, bahrain-THE 5TH FLEET get the idea!!!, we have union leaders and the "uninformed" youth, hollywood, liberals, progressives the majority of democrats who all want the equal distribution of wealth, and social justice, "gathering" @ the capitals, to "express" their 1st ammendment rights LMAO, while the silent MAJORITY is quietly working breaking their backs to support these liberal freeloaders of society... the economy is weak, and i use that term loosly "weak", if you listen to PMSNBC, abc, nbc or any of these lefty stations you would think its the roaring 20's, oil just jumped 10$, and once the price hits 120.00 it will slow our economy even more, if for "some reason" it peaks over that mark, you can count on a economic halt/collapse, the price of food, corn, cereal and cotton have increased by 50 to over 100% in the last year... we have a president who hasn't met with 6 of his own cabinet members in 2 YEARS... but richard trumka visits the whitehouse 2-3 times a week, and is in touch with "someone" @ the whitehouse daily... HUH... I could go on and on, but its all coming together quite nicely for these community organizer's, union leaders, communists, progressives, liberals... you get the picture... i will teach my family what i never learned in school, i have educated myself more than any classroom can teach, got myself a nice little pocket constitution and read from it daily, my children will have this memorized, they will have responsibility growing up, and learn that it takes hard work to EARN, not to SPEND. I'm the kind of guy who likes to look at the good side of things, and from this forum i see lots of good people who i feel proud to be associated with... i hope our elected officials our TRUE CONSERVATIVE's will cut spending and turn things around... its gonna hurt, its gonna hurt BAD... all i can say is buckle up, i think we have a rough ride ahead of us... i hope i'm wrong.

If we only hit a 120.00 a barrel we'll be doing good, but your right it's going to hurt real bad.
It's just how bad it's going to hurt is the real question.

Yes it's goint to hurt, no matter what.

If we do it now it will be like cutting festering flesh from an infected foot.

If we wait a little while it may require amputation.

If we wait long enough...the infection will kill us.

Originally Posted By: NM LeonYes it's going to hurt, no matter what.

If we do it now it will be like cutting festering flesh from an infected foot.

If we wait a little while it may require amputation.

If we wait long enough...the infection will kill us.

That's a good way to get the point across. Hope it sinks in before gangrene does.

I wish there were more people out there with your view skinney. My wife (when I am home) hates watching the news with me because stuff that I warned her about a few years ago are coming to pass (no I am not a prophet just reading the warning signs). I actually convinced her (didn't take much after months of good news) to use some of my deployment money to get started on a food supply and other stuff in case TSHTF. We are living in scary times and I don't remember it ever being close to this bad during the cold war. I don't think it will take much more now to set things off but I'll keep my fngers crossed and my supplies full!

Quote:f we only hit a 120.00 a barrel we'll be doing good, but your right it's going to hurt real bad The last projection that I heard was oil topping out at about $200 per barrel by the Spring of next year (2012)... If you think it's bad now, wait to see what that does to all the commodity prices at the grocery stores the next Summer (2012)

We will all be praying for our local farmers to have a really bumper crop of vegetables that we can buy at a reasonable price at the local farmer's market...or growing our own in the back yard...Fortunately, my wife knows how to can vegetables and has a reasonable amount of supplies for it..

Surcharges on commercial transportation will be going through the roof, with Obama's moratorium on oil exploration...

Originally Posted By: OldTurtle The last projection that I heard was oil topping out at about $200 per barrel by the Spring of next year (2012)... If you think it's bad now, wait to see what that does to all the commodity prices at the grocery stores the next Summer (2012)
not good, 200 a barrel will completely halt transportaion, and you can imagine what happens next.

Originally Posted By: OldTurtleWe will all be praying for our local farmers to have a really bumper crop of vegetables that we can buy at a reasonable price at the local farmer's market...or growing our own in the back yard...Fortunately, my wife knows how to can vegetables and has a reasonable amount of supplies for it..

we had over 1000 acres of wheat and corn planted last year, the wheat i think made 10bu/a and the corn 20bu/a... worst year me my dad or grandap ever had, hailed for 1/2 hour straight, 60-70mph winds and baseball size stones, easy to imagine what that does to crops... our 1/2 acre garden... toast, i'm getting used to tightenin the ol belt... i hope this year brings better luck... i know how to provide for myself and family when food goes out of sight, its those big cities and "feel good" progressives that are gonna freak.

In the long run, there is still oil in the ground. The producing and exporting countries need to sell it to eat. I hope things turn around for you sooner rather than later.

PC

Originally Posted By: PineConeIn the long run, there is still oil in the ground.
yes,yes there is, and alot of it is in the US, off our coast that every country but us is extracting, there is Anwar... but why are we not pursuing these "black gold mines"??? 3 words...liberal progressive democrats.

Back