The first .22 DTI is leaving the shop.

dtech

After some difficulties with the dies, the first .22 DTI is about to leave the shop!

One of my long-time customers from Iowa has several of my uppers already, including the 6mm DTI. He was the first to get the 6mm DTI and now he's going to be the first to get the .22 DTI.

Hopefully he will show us some targets. If he does as well with the .22 DTI as he did with the 6mm version, they will be some nice targets. He's a good hand-loader and a great shot. Look out coyotes!
DSC_0308_ss.jpg

DSC_0310_s.jpg

I don't know if I would call it a screamer, but is a significant jump from the .223. It's really early, but we are doing about 3500 FPS with a 23" barrel and a 55 grain Sierra. With the powders I have worked with so-far, we are at 3000 and change with the 75 grain A-Max. It looks like we should be able to get 3100 with a little load development.

The 6.5 DTI is next! I just got a bunch of reloading components for the .264 LBC and the 6.5 DTI, so as soon as my long awaited dies arrive, I will be wringing out the 6.5 DTI. (For another one of our PM members!)

Nothing like a little pressure there Dtech. But I have faith that it will shoot like the 6mmdti does. Will send you some groups as I test it. Be patient with me as I am getting kind of crazy busy at work though.

Originally Posted By: zillacare to explain DTI??

While I was exchanging prints with the guy that grinds my reamers, he asked me what I was going to call it. He put me on the spot a little, as I had never thought about it. I quickly came up with the "DTI" shortened from "Dtech Improved".

It has actually worked well for me as a name, now that there is a "DTI line"

I bet your starting to get busy Ray, I can relate.
wink.gif
Your whizzer I bought has put a thumping on a few this season. Keep us posted on your 22...

'The 6.5 DTI is next!'----I like to see those magic words. I think that will be your best DTI but of course I am prejudiced. Nice looking work Mike. TnTnTn

Dang Mike, you are killing me. Haven't even got my 6mm DTI yet and now you got me wanting the .22 DTI. One thing is for sure. The predators are going to be hurting as bad as my bank account. lol!

Looking forward to the range report stineman.

Originally Posted By: mikeinlouisianaLooks nice and I like the velocities. I can't wait to get my DTI in, its been a long wait.

Mike

Mike, stand by for some pictures....... Your DTI should leave the shop today! I'm not sure about the pink Norrell's moly-resin though..... Are you going to give it to your wife?

Back