Tell Us A Little About Yourself

Rich. . .

Just wondering, you ever come to Arizona to do a little calling?

If not, maybe you could give it a try come next fall...
wink.gif

------------------
http://www.predatormasters.com

Howdy. My name is Steve Wood, 28 I am a Rancher in northeastern Oklahoma. Got married couple years back to city girl, which make life very interesting at times around here. Be expecting our first child in June (it's Boy!
smile.gif
) I have ready bought his first camo's.
Most of experience with coyotes have been shooting at them out the truck window while checking or feeding cattle. But I have caught the calling bug! Nothing beats the excitement of calling in coyotes or bobcats. Even the lone Doe that mistakes my rabbit in distress as her fawn is a blast.
Thanks for having me.

[This message has been edited by Skued (edited 03-02-2001).]

skued,

deer are alot of fun to watch come into a call.

I have had one come in to about 20 yards away, wind me, run out to 50 yards, stop, then come running right back in. I felt kind of bad, but it was interesting watching her reactions to a rabbit call. She kept it up for about 10 minutes.

RK

------------------
Idle hands may be the devils work, but idle minds are so much worse

My name is Jon and I am soon (next month ) to bee 55 years old. I have been happily married to a wonderful wife for 34 years (as of 2 weeks ago). We have one son 32 and a grandson 3 1/2 yrs. I teach physics at Mountain View high school. I have been hunting predators since 1969. I started with the csvca San Diego chapter. I quit for a while and started back a few years ago. My goal this year is to get a mountain lion.

Will,
Yep, I hunted the Wilcox area with some of the old Shade tree gang a couple of years ago. We had a lot of fun, but I almost got ran over by a jackrabbit.
smile.gif
Originally posted by AzWill:
Rich. . .

Just wondering, you ever come to Arizona to do a little calling?

If not, maybe you could give it a try come next fall...
wink.gif

I am a Wildlife Biologist,I do predator work here in the central part of texas.I enjoy hunting of all types and reload and enjoy hunting with my kids. If you have wildlife question just ask and I will try to get the info back to you.

Doc

Doc. . .

Welcome to Predator Masters. Personally, I’m always glad to see wildlife professionals join our ranks and I’m positive the rest of the membership will back me up on this statement.

We are lucky enough to have a retired wildlife biologist, Mr. Steve Allen, as a moderator for our Predator Biology Forum, perhaps you may know each other or are familiar with each other’s studies. In another forum, Predator Hunting, we have an ADC type that uses the screen name of Wiley, both Steve and Wiley are grilled on a regular basis about the biology of various predators.

I have no doubt that both these gentlemen look upon your arrival here as reinforcements to support their educational efforts here at Predator Masters. I know the Texas crowd here will be picking your brain endlessly.

We have a real good bunch of folks here that are die-hard predator callers that maintain a tremendous amount of respect for predators. They not only want to learn more in order to become better callers but to help dispel the many misconceptions delivered by the anti-hunting groups today.

Once again, welcome. . .
wink.gif

------------------
predatorlogo3jpg.gif

http://www.predatormasters.com

Hello everyone. My name is John Meinholdt. I'll be 68 my next birthday. Been calling and hunting coyotes for the past 22 years. Between building race cars, rebuilding cars, building engines, and hunting coyotes, the women in my life seemed to have drifted away. I did manage to stay married long enough to have two great sons, one at 46 and the other at 44. I have four grandchildren and two great-grandchildren. All boys.
Being retired and no one can answer to,( except the Good Lord) I do a lot of hunting from Mid- October to around the first of March. From mid March to mid September I am involved in racing.
I enjoy meeting new people and going to new places to hunt.
This is a great new board. I'm looking forward to learn new things.
Good hunting and have a great day.
John.

Hello and welcome to Predator Masters
Doc & John69 glad to have you guys on with us.
biggrin.gif

Wwe have a lot of great people here so jump on in and join the fun.

------------------
Jason's Gun Room

Steve Craig, Married 30 years, chased critters for a might longer than that, 6 children 19 through 28, 1 grandchild on the way.Professional Trapper from 78 to 85. I now run a guide business and a private predator control program here in AZ. I only guide predator hunters, for lion, bear, coyote fox and bobcat. Business is excellent. Calling lions is a passion with me, and I call in one for 85% of my clients. Bear callng is just a bit better. I do love the big predators! Without Bill Martz and his WT caller, I could not do it on a consistant basis. I have taken instruction from some of the greats in this country, and every dollar I spent was worth a hundred times over. Instruction pays in the long run. I believe in giving credit where credit is due, and the men I learned from deserve it all. I love other forms of hunting,espescially bowhunting, and more importantly traditonal bowhunting, and I dont get to do as much fishing as I would like too. Got to go now as I just got a call from a rancher with a lion problem!
Steve

------------------
www.azpredatorhunts.com

My name is Scott Huber. I will be 39 years old in a few days. I have been married for 3 1/2 years. I have a step daughter who is in the 8th grade.

I am an Animal Damage Control trapper for the SD Dept. of Game, Fish & Parks. I have been employed with them for about 15 years. I have trapped and called coyotes for about 30 years. Like Steve Craig who I respect and admire, I too have taken instructions from many men over the years. I like to participate in coyote calling contests.

I am also very involved in the beef industry. I currently have cattle on feed at Rushmore, MN. I stay pretty involved in the beef industry so if I am not here I am there. I want to welcome all of you to PredatorMasters and hope you make this a great place to visit. Thanks! Wiley E

My name is Ken Beckham, I live in Cedar Park
Texas on the Austin city limits. I'm married to the gal my first wife said I would never find and have been for 20 years. Have 3 grown kids who think shes good enough for me so thats a plus.
I started reading the board at pc until it started sounding like a pissing contest and I got an invite here. I have been reading and learning here since the git go. In all fairness I will say thanks to pc for being there when I was looking into calling. Having said that I have to say the same folks that kept me there are here. Enough of that.
I hunted as much as I could afford in Wyoming as a kid and some after that. Coyotes were just a given back then but so was access to land and mutual respect. Now,like everything else, the simple things are complicated. I am interested in calling primarily, with shooting to follow if I can cultivate some relationships with some local ranchers for access.
This whole thing started out as a question on how to locate fox for my terriers to go to ground on. Talk about a situation getting out of hand!!!
Guess I better let the wind die down,

Thanks for your time--its the most precious thing we have.
Ken Beckham
Cedar Park, Texas

Glad to know a bit more about you all,

Here is the profile. My name is Chad Byers, I am 21 yrs young, and live in Farmington NM. I have been hunting since the age of 5. Bagged my first coyote with dad at age 5 with a Chipmunk .22. So I got started out early.
smile.gif
My dad enjoyed predator hunting the most, so thats what we did the majority of the time.

Recently graduated with honors at our local community college with a associates in Business. Currently working on the bachelors in Business at UNM in Albuqueruqe NM.

I enjoy to hunt Mule Deer in SE Utah with bow in late August. Also do a fair ammount of muzzleloading for elk and deer in NM. Have been fairly successful so far.

My other hobby is drag racing. I race a 78 Nova with a 502 big block chevy. Recently installed a centrifugal supercharger and coverted over to sequential efi. Should make 900 hp at the crank. Hope to attend some national events soon and race in the super gas class. Outside of that, I live to hunt, and to be outdoors with family and friends,

Chad

My name is Steve Allen. I am a retired biologist/furbearer management supervisor from North Dakota Game and Fish (1967-2000). I have been married to the same wonderful woman for 30 years this Sept. I have a stepson, stepdaughter and daughter whom I think the world of; all are grown and out on their own. Two granddaughters, and 1 grandson at this point. I enjoy just about everything outdoors (except golf). I have yet to find a hunting or fishing activity that I didn't enjoy. Also, I haven't seen anything wrong with the job description of this retirement career yet!

Originally posted by AzWill:
Please take the time to post a little about yourself.

Pretty please....?
wink.gif

My name is Dave Munch 52yrs old married, no kids. Retired law enforcement sniper currently working in a large gun shop. Love coyote hunting,long range shooting(1000 yards plus) and bow hunting. Really love the coyotes and trying to figure them out. Enjoy trying to help the local farmers with livestock kill problems. Shoot a 17Rem when shooting for fur and 22-250 or 25-06 when shooting problem cotoyes. Yote Hunter.

My name is Lonny Gehring. I am 33 years old and married 11 years have two boys age 2 and 4. I have lived in Idaho all my life. I grew up on a ranch and was fortunate enough to have all kinds of wildlife right out my back door and lots of country to explore.

I have always loved the outdoors and hunting. Elk, deer, bear, lion, and especially those coyotes. I really got this coyote bug about 6 years ago. I spend more time thinking about those critters than any other animal I hunt.

I enjoy hiking and getting into the back country. Just being out there keeps me happy.

------------------

Howdy,
I'm Les Howard, married(2nd time)for 14yrs. this Sept. Three kids B-28,G-26,B-16.....two grand-daughters one 8yrs. the other 2weeks & 4 days.All three kids & my wife love to shoot & the boys hunt also.
Been chasing preds. off & on for 25yrs. Just moved to Mo. from Ia. 4yrs. ago so now I have more time and opportunities to hunt.
Also, hunt Deer,Turkey & really want to shoot a Bobcat.
It's good to see so many framiliar names from pc.
CYA

My name is Doug Kimmel. I'm a 35 year old hill-billy and have been married for 13 years and have 3 tomboy daughters. I work as a tool and diemaker/tooling engineer for a small machine shop. I was really into trapping (especially foxes) back in the 70's and 80's. Not enough time for trapping any more, so I get out go calling whenever I can. I also enjoy archery/gun hunting for turkey and whitetails. My summer hobby is dirt-track racing.

Hello all,
I have been married about 12 years to the same girl.
I am a newbie to coyote hunting.
I have been groundhog (skinnies)hunting since my Dad helped me steady his old Remington .22 on a 2x4 to shoot a groundhog in our garden.
biggrin.gif
I can still remember it as if it just happened. I was about 8 then and am now 36y/o.
I am a professional photographer and started blacksmithing 4 years ago. I now demo at the Daniel Boone Homestead in addition to building a stone forge at home. I have a website for both. I have been a volunteer EMT in EMS for about 16 years and have been a Rev War reenactor for about 4 years. Because the photo industry is flying headlong into the digital world, I am dabbling in web authoring. It is pretty cool!
biggrin.gif

I have only seen one coyote I think, it was during a snowstorm at 2ish in the am coming back from an EMS call. It looked like a grey fox on steroids during the quick glimpse that I had.
Here in Berks County, Pa. there are supposed to be mucho coyotes. Well at least that is what I hear. Hope to learn some techniques to help me at least see something when I go out.
I posted some photos of my Shaggie System camo in another forum and there is a possibility that I may be starting to sell them thru the web. Hopefully.

Wanted to add this last thought.
Being involved with Rev War reeancting and reading up on American History has taught me a number of things about our country. I hope we can persevere in retaining our ability to hunt and enjoy our firearms. If you are not involved, please try to help in any way that you can.

[This message has been edited by Skinny Shooter (edited 06-29-2001).]

My name is Chris Pokorny. I am 36 years old and will soon be married 11 years. I have a 9 year old son that has been in on four coyote kills this year and a 6 year old daughter. Man, I eat this stuff up! I love to hunt all types of game, but coyote hunting is my favorite. I would do it every weekend if I could. I really enjoy the tips and comaradarie that is on this board. Thanks, AzWill for setting it up.

Back