Foxpro fury and batteries

titansfan2104

I have a problem that involves the low battery light flashing when the caller is turned up and seems to cut out.. the batteries are suspect although i know they are fully charged.
So my question is.... if i get the 12 v gel pack, wwill it more than likely solve my green light/cutting out at high volume problems and are there any better power options ?? weight is not an issue, just looking for best performance

My guess is you are running both speakers on alkaline batteries. Alkaline batteries cannot handle that much demand. Turn your rear speaker off. I dont think they make a 12v. battery pack for the Fury, just the rechargeable AA types which work better than the alkaline.

titansfan2104,

It sounds like you are already using rechargeables, as you said they were fully charged. My guess is that you have a bad cell. I would replace the rechargeable batteries, or at least find which one is bad and replace it. Your best bet is to use high capacity, low self discharge batteries like we offer, or the Sanyo Eneloops (which are the same type as ours).

In my opinion, you don't need the 12 volt power pack. The advantages are that you will get longer run times, and also higher volumes from the Fury. The disadvantage is the additional weight. You would be better off plugging in an external speaker to get the additional volume, as it will be louder. Or, for the highest volume capabilities out of the Fury, use two external speakers (the Fury has 2 speaker jacks) and a 12 volt gel cell battery.

yes using regular rechargeable batts!! im thinking i would like the 12 volt gel performance , but dont know if i would ever really needd it!! thinking i might get the ones that will charge through the port on my fury and get two sets of them?? sound like a plan??

titansfan2104,

Yeah, 2 sets of rechargeables would be a good idea. But again, be sure to use the high capacity, low self discharge batteries. That way, the back up batteries will stay charged longer. I would also be sure to get the vehicle charger. That way, you can charge between stands.

Originally Posted By: FOXPROtitansfan2104,

Yeah, 2 sets of rechargeables would be a good idea. But again, be sure to use the high capacity, low self discharge batteries. That way, the back up batteries will stay charged longer. I would also be sure to get the vehicle charger. That way, you can charge between stands.

Dont worry , im gonna buy straight from you guys!! Been meaning to get on there and order some shirts and hats but keep on milking these wal mart rechargeables! ready for better performance!!! leave the energizers at the house for the wireless keyboard.lol

Originally Posted By: titansfan2104Originally Posted By: FOXPROtitansfan2104,

Dont worry , im gonna buy straight from you guys!! Been meaning to get on there and order some shirts and hats but keep on milking these wal mart rechargeables! ready for better performance!!! leave the energizers at the house for the wireless keyboard.lol

I suggest buying the 8 Cell smart charger. It will tell you which one of your batteries is bad. Going out on a limb and saying you have two bad ones.

Thanks for the advice guys. I ended up buying the 8 foxpro batteries and charger that plugs into the call and the smart charger with 8 more foxpro batteries.. and what do you.know, I cranked the call up and it never distorted or cut out on even the highest pitch howls. And I had 7 bad batteries out of 16. That smart charger is nice. Glad I went ahead and bought the fox pro batteries...... life savers!!!!!
7 out of 16 bad batteries that I was using before the fp bats

Last edited:
Smart Charger and rechargables are the way to go. I had the same problem with my Fury. I would get distortion even with fresh alkalines when ramping up volume. I seem to get better battery life with the CS-24 for some reason. The 12 volt thing is a weight issue for sure.

Back