Flextone Echo Crow Sniping... Pics

dan brothers

My trigger finger was itching pretty bad... so I went out this morning for some crow sniping... set out a couple of decoys and an owl... got back in the pines about 110 yds away... the flextone called them in a few at a time... after shooting one down... they would fly away... but after 10 mins more would come... after a couple of hours... and 14 shots later from my Savage 12, 223... 12 birds lay scattered around... i could only recover 7... the other 5 lay in thick briars. I leaned the rifle on the shooting sticks with the butt against the tree, and simply pinched the trigger... solid as a rock... not sure why I missed those two... for seed i guess.

My trigger finger feels better now...

GEDC0022.jpg
GEDC0021.jpg
GEDC0024.jpg

saturday at day light i was above a cut cornfield....my call was a good 225 -250 yards away...

i called crows....geese you name it....

having the call far away keeps you from getting busted...

i would buy them now i can see this call hitting the 250 mark...because i owned a spitfire and its not close...

it plays in freezing cold...you name it...

congrats on the crows...going next sunday myself...also..

Originally Posted By: dan brothers[color:#3333FF] I leaned the rifle on the shooting sticks with the butt against the tree, and simply pinched the trigger... solid as a rock...

color]

GEDC0021.jpg

Is that the way you were actually doing the shooting? How did you get your head worked in behind the scope to look through it? Just looks like no way you could do it that way comfortably.

Crow shooting always looked like it would be fun. Wish we had the population around here to do it. Looks like fun. Nice going.

I started out leaning my back against the tree... but my body still had slight movement... so I put the stock against the tree and leaned over into the scope and pinched the trigger...there is room... just doesn't look like it in the pic. The two crows I missed were when I had the gun to my shoulder... the tree is the way to go. The place I sight in my guns has no shooting tables... I might start using the stick/tree combo...

I saw the Echo calls at Dicks for 119.00 last saturday...

I have heard that when crow shooting, if you hit the first one, more will come back, but if you miss the first one, that stand is done for the day. Any truth to this?

I've heard that same thing about missing the first bird... but not being done for the day... just done for that bunch of birds... another bunch should come in later... it seemed like after I shot one... they would leave... then I'd turn of the caller for a few mins and change the sound to somethingelse.... then a few more would come in.... not sure if it was the same flock or not.. probably not...

that is camo wrap on my gun... it sticks to itself.... it's feels spongy.... love it so far... i can get you some for 5.00 a roll of 2" x 12'.... one roll was a tad short to do my whole gun and scope as you can see...

Originally Posted By: dan brothers

that is camo wrap on my gun... it sticks to itself.... it's feels spongy.... love it so far... i can get you some for 5.00 a roll of 2" x 12'.... one roll was a tad short to do my whole gun and scope as you can see... Oh..I thought it was a sock. Is that the same as Mcnet gun wrap?
rolleyes.gif

that is the same wrap... you can get it on ebay for about 5.00... I love this stuff... it has a wonderful grip feel... I'm going to get somemore for my other guns...

I first had a sock on this gun... but it slid around all the time... just a pain to deal with... will never use a sock again... this stuff is nice...

I'm embarassed to show my crappy cane pole/duct tape shooting sticks in these pictures... but that was my quickiest grab for some quick action....

Back