Anyone using the Encore?

BTW, my dad offered to buy me a like new SS Encore rifle, but I declined. He's offered me one of his Contenders too, with match and custom barrels........no doubt to get me to spot for him again in IHMSA.

I simply have no need for one at this time.

Was hoping he'd give me his shot out old #1B in .22-250 so I could have it rebarreled in .358 WSSM, but like I said in my prev post, he's silly............so he's sending it off to be redone in 6mm Norma BR.

And he hasn't shot chucks in at least 7 yrs, has a brand new #1V sitting in the box.

I went through a period where aaI ws worried about not having a quick follow up shot, but I've gotten way over that . Encore is just a great gun, and in 223 is now the go to for pred.s. With a 20" barrell, it habdles and shoots beautifully. Good trigger, and some wicked durable. It gets thrown around alot, in and out of truck etc. and there's nothing to hurt on it! I didn't think it could get better till I discovered camo stock, which seems to have a slightly smaller "wrist", feels a bit better to me than walnut. So anyway, that's what I think...

Back