A Yankee goes to the deep South!! PIcs!!!

CoyoteCraze

I thought I'd post a few pics of my recent adventure to the deep South!! The Georgia Predator Hunting Association brought me down last week in conjunction with their annual hunting contest and also to give some seminars at the Great Outdoors Show.

In between the time at the show, we managed to get out and do some day and night calling!! After finding about them having tons of grey fox, I was completely obsessed with killing one while I was there!! I have never seen one in the wild and we don't have them within 800 miles of western Nebraska!!

Although we had success calling in coyotes and greys, I can honestly say that this was the first time in my life I was disappointed seeing a coyote coming to the call!!

Regardless, we were successful in our pursuit and that little grey will look good on the wall!! I can't thank the guys with the association enough for hauling me around every night and lining up the property to hunt. I know they all looked at me pretty funny when I told them all I cared about was killing a grey!! I'm sure that was the most effort ever put forth in the state of Georgia to kill one!!!

Geoff

georgiatrip056.jpg

armadillo.jpg

Last edited:
You have to watch to holes those critters in the bottom picture dig . I like to broke my leg in one of there dig holes hunting hogs in Texas last year.

No, the greys aren't exactly rocket scientists. They come to anything that sounds like food around here. As the coyote population has skyrocketed in our area of GA the greys are less common on stands and reds are almost nonexistent. That's ok, I like the big dogs anyway. I called a grey up in the yard one night that I heard "barking" up by the road. My bird dog was going nuts because I was unloading the Bad Boy Buggy and I guess he felt like he needed to show his stuff. As I turned the buggy lights towards the woodline I saw him. I cut off the lights, walked up on the deck and started calling. He ran straight to me before I could even get ready. He was promptly shot under my security light.

Back