Vortex sparc or Aimpoint micro for shotgun?

muleys

After looking at several red dot scopes for my shotgun I think I have decided on a Sparc or Aimpoint micro. The smaller size (20mm) sits lower providing for a better cheek weld to the stock. The larger 30 mm scopes move my head too high without the aid of a riser on the stock. My question to anyone using one of these is the field of view too limited on these small optics. I will be using the shotgun for night hunting coyotes and turkey hunting. It will be mounted on top of the reciever. Thanks for your input.

I run Aimpoints on a lot of firearms.

I always like to have a good cheek weld (of course), but it is not necessary when running an Aimpoint (you'd still want to pick the mount that gives you the best position) - that is one of the upsides and it really pays off during movement, odd shooting positions, or when I get sweaty.

As far as field of view, when you run an Aimpoint you can keep both eyes open (easy with practice) and that gives you all the field of view available to you. The Aimpoint also allows unlimited eye relief.

I'm a fan of Aimpoints and believe you would be well served by the one you list. Maybe someone here is close to you and would allow you to look through theirs or possibly shoot some and see how it works for you.

I have the Vortex Sparc on one of my AR's. Its a good red dot scope and has a lot of shims for adjustments. The dot is 2 moa on it. I also have the Vortex Strikefire. It is a red and green 4 moa dot and is a lot bigger than the Sparc. Both of these optics are clear but they have a slight tint to the lens. I use mine at night all the time and it hasnt realy bothered me. They are both solid built scopes. I have had one on a 458 Socom for over 2 years.
I will bet the Aimpoint doesnt have the tint on the optics.

Back