Randy Anderson calls?

im sure people will respond with mixed opinions on this, in all reality its all a preference. does randy s calls sound good, yes...
is there calls out there that sound better for the same price...yes.
his lil dog howler i have heard is a real ear bleeder.

His Lil Dog call is a good call that sounds great and is easy to get the hang of. However, stay away from the Power Dog. Personally I think it's junk. There is a fix you can do on your own to make the Power Dog work, but if I have to modify it myself, I'd just as well purchase one from several of the guys on here that make outstanding calls. Nothing against Randy as he's one of the best callers I've ever seen. However, there is a big difference in him mastering his production calls and someone like myself being able to get the same sound quality. Randy would rate a 10 and even with years of practice on his calls, I'd be lucky to move beyond a rating of 3. LOL

On the other hand, I've found that the custom made calls sold here on Predator Masters are far better quality than any production call you can purchase.

Just my 2 cents.

thumbup.gif
lil dog, power dog,
thumbdown.gif
cursing.gif
sick.gif

Last edited:
lil dog is a great call
have couple custom calls, they are far better, cause the call makers take pride in there work and don't have a robotic arm making them

Originally Posted By: WvYotehunter65lil dog is a great call
have couple custom calls, they are far better, cause the call makers take pride in there work and don't have a robotic arm making them

in a nutshell
thumbup1.gif

I had problems mastering the hot dog, and had similar problems with the red desert howler. Fixed BOTH of them by swapping the mouth pices!!! They both work great now. Problem was that the mouth piece on one was to big for the horn size and on the other - to small. They are pretty well balanced now and are real easy to use.

As to my favorite PRODUCTION calls? Haydel and Knight & Hale get my highest votes. Done a lot of damage using their calls.

To each his own I guess.

Its probably because I'm the only around here using those manufacturers gear.

Hate to say it but i was a Randy Anderson zombie when i first got into calling! ..so sad.. anyway got about all then calls and there all pretty terrible accept the ki yi. ive found that the hot dog breaks way to hard. the lil dog sounds alright. im really not pleased with the power dog.. but it was a xmas gift(if my wife asks i love it!!!)
my opinion!

since joining this forum I wouldn't even consider a production call. Big thanks to all the custom call makers on here. Just my opinion

since joining this forum I wouldn't even consider a production call. Big thanks to all the custom call makers on here. Just my opinion

its good to discuss these things as we all have our favorites and such... i have several calls but the one that always goes with me is my crit-r-call standard... i can pretty much do anything with it...

use what you like/have confidence in.. and remember that its not so much the call that you own as what you do with it... and more importantly how you set up that will dictate success

Originally Posted By: john007I actually like the catnips. Sound pretty good to me and have called in some housecats with them.

I'm with you on that one. If I had to pick one of his calls to carry, it would be the catnip. There is a pretty wide range of sounds that you can make with that call and I have called in a lot of fox, bobcat, and coyotes with it.

Back