Foxpro External Speakers?

duckhunter_67502

I currently own a Foxpro FX-3 and am looking for a little more volume in the wind. I am interested in adding an external speaker but am confused on which one to get.

Also what kind of battery life can I expect with adding a speaker. I've heard you might as well buy an additional battery pack since it will kill battery life. Thanks for any and all input.

If you don't mind pm me some more info got a new foxpro on the way and am wanting to try some coon. I generally use mouth calls only so no coon calling for me yet.

Lol! Yea sorry I did talk to fox pro the other day when I was thinking scorpion instead on firestorm and they mentioned the sp55 might still get one in the future

The SP-55 is a great little speaker, really made well. The fellows up at Foxpro call it the "Little Beast". I have used one in conjuction with a FX-3, a FX-5, and a Fury. I use a 2.3 AH Weikel 12V SLA battery, carried in the front pouch with a 6 ft. cord, and have never had any trouble running it down, even on a hard crow hunt. With the FX-3 and FX-5, you can just plug the wire into the front receptacle where your charger normally plugs in. On the Fury, you have to get one of the new rear doors that Foxpro has that lets you take out the 8aa pack and plug the wire into the receptacle there. It doesn't add any appreciable amount of weight and is easier than switching out battery pack, IMO. I buy them at Batteries Plus for about $25.00. Get the one with the terminals on opposite ends of the battery top.

Thanks for the input fellas! I was leaning toward a TOA but now its sounds like a SP-55 is the way to go.

On the subject of coon calling I'm trying to get a short book published on the subject. I'll keep you posted.

i have an sp-108 i would sell you!! you can call a coon from three counties over!!LOL loud and crystal clear, alot more than i need in the hills of tennessee!

Last edited:
I will sell it for $55 shipped and paypal. they are 69.95 on FP website,but are currently sold out!! Its more than what i need with my fury. the only time i use it here is for crow hunting!!

Originally Posted By: duckhunter_67502Thanks for the input fellas! I was leaning toward a TOA but now its sounds like a SP-55 is the way to go.

On the subject of coon calling I'm trying to get a short book published on the subject. I'll keep you posted.

PM me when you do!

Back