Possible Utah State Coyote Calling Competition?? Need feedback!

CoyoteCraze

To all my fellow Utah (and surrounding states) coyote hunters, I'm in the process of working with several other individuals on putting together a coyote calling competition in March during the ISE Show in Salt Lake.

Although we don't have all the details worked out, it would be set up much similar to the world competition that was held out in Ohio last spring during the World Predator Expo. They already have a huge duck/goose calling competition here every year and adding a coyote one would be great for the sport. The ISE venues pull in over 40,000 visitors over the 4 day event.

Although cost to enter, payouts, awards and other miscellaneous issues have not been work out as of yet, I am just trying to get a feel for the number of people that would be interested in entering.

The competiton would be sometime on Sat. the 20th of March.

Thanks for your feedback.

Geoff

Keep in mind, this is a calling competition (i.e. distress sounds, coyote vocals, all-around etc.) that will be held indoors on a stage in front of an audience and scored by a group of judges!!!! Not a coyote hunting competition!!!!

Geoff

I'd be willing to compete too. Let me know if you need any help at all. I judged the World Contest in Columbus this year and have some input in regards to that portion of the contest. Thanks

Thanks guys. Like I mentioned earlier, we are still in the early stages of getting this thing put together. As things develop and I have all the specifics, I'll start another topic with everything listed.

Geoff

Geoff were you able to make any head way on this? I had the same idea a few years back. Back then there wasn't much to be had for predator callers, not even vendors. When I contacted the ISE people they grilled me about getting sponsors, prizes, etc. I saw that as a non issue. The biggest hurdle seem to be is that they wanted you to travel with the show. I really wanted to do something on the local level and like most I work a normal job so traveling with the show could not be done. I'm just curious on what you found out. Maybe something has changed with them?

The on stage competitions are really starting to catch on. I think that within a few years the predator stage competitions will be a regular event at outdoor shows. I think it's a great idea, & fun for everyone! I commend you for going to the trouble to try & get something like this put together. I know it can take up a lot of your time, & be very frustrating in the beginning. Thanks for your efforts, & hope it all comes together!

Torry

I just saw that the original post was made back in November. I missed that when I made my above reply, but I still think it's a good idea.

I'm also interested in knowing if Geoff was able to get anything going.

The stage calling contest is a go guys!! We are still working on some of the small details but when I have them all I will start a new thread. But to give you a heads up, the contest will be Sunday morning at 10 am on March 20th at the ISE Show in Sandy, UT. Should last approx. 4 hours. As of right now Tom Austin and Kerry Carver will be 2 of the 5 judges. Still working on the rest. I'll be MCing the event so should be a darn good time!! The contest will be set up exactly like the world contest out in Ohio last spring. There will be a distress, coyote vocal, youth and all-around divisions. Go to www.contestcaller.com to print out the rules and registration form. Looking forward to seeing everyone there!!

Geoff

Back