new to ar

cat man

I am looking at buying a ar in 223 looking at the r-15 or trying to build one what is the best way to go. If i was to build one where would i start any help i would be thankful all new to ar's always had bolt action

what features i want is in 223 and not going to blow up in my face and shoots staight not sure whats out there new to all this always bought off the shelf in bolt action

Setting your sights pretty low I think. AR rifles are very reliable and pretty easy to work on. You can also check out videow by Brownells. I have used them from time to time. Are you trying to put together a varmint rig? How close are most of your shots? What is the country like where you want to hunt? Do you primarily road hunt or are you doing a lot of walking and climbing fences when you hunt? Answer some of these questions and we can try to make some suggestions.

Lots of stuff out there to choose from. Also lots of stuff to read about them. Rock River Arms makes some great rifles and the guys that have them love them. I have a Predator Pursuit on order right now.
Try using this search engine to look around a bit on the forum.

Pedator Master Search

I do know sometimes it is just easier to ask the specific question that you have.

Im wanting a varmint gun got alot of bolt action guns. a ar looks like it would be fun to try out. dont have a 223 so a ar is what im leaning to get. Where i live is all mountain country so shot are not to far but do some hunting in texas as well just really looking for a new type of gun
thanks

NEW FRONTIER ARMORY complete .223 upper,match barrel=499.00
PLUM CRAZY complete lower............................129.00

Pin em together,,,thats one way................X

Originally Posted By: coyotexNEW FRONTIER ARMORY complete .223 upper,match barrel=499.00
PLUM CRAZY complete lower............................129.00

Pin em together,,,thats one way................X

+1

I don't think you should just limit yourself to a R-15. I'm not saying that there is anything wrong with one but there are a lot of different choices you have. Don't just buy the gun cause it has a cool looking camo, for the money I think you could have something better.
Just my opinion
blink.gif

Do any of the uppers fit any of the the lowers and do you just get a but load of parts to put together is there any machineing to do after you get the uppers and lower. Are these the only thing you need. What i gather the lower is the only part that needs FFL. all new to this

To be very specific this is what requires the FFL.

item_937.jpg

This is a stripped lower. But to answer your question, yes lowers have to ship to a FFL.

Here is a complete lower

item_866.jpg

Here is a complete upper

item_921.jpg

Kinda like plug and play and sooo much fun!

Last edited:
Ok i about made my mind up on putting one together what is a real good upper and lower one to do for about 1000.00 to $1200 in that area thanks

Is it better to put more money in the lower or upper to have a better ar. Is there some where on the web to put one together to see what it is going to look like complete or is it a crap shoot and hope i like it

HMMM..need a good trigger,,so if you get a rock river arms complete lower with a 2 stage trigger that is covered.

Then for the money you are wanting to invest,,,the one i suggested above or a dtech,specialized dynamics,kies ,white oak armory,,,some has a waiting period because they are made to order..........................X

Back