TC Venture Predator Rifle - Accuracy Results

Gman757

I just bought a new TC Venture PDX in .223 a few days ago and got a chance to shoot it this afternoon. I mounted a Nikon Coyote Special with the BDC Predator reticle on it and I think it's going to be a good rifle for the price. ($499)
It took a while to get used to the BDC reticle and shooting inside a circle with no crosshair, but I think it will be a good match for the rifle.
I don't shoot very often at the range so I was very pleased with the accurracy. Some of the ex military shooters on here could probably get dime sized groups out of it, especially using handloads.
I only had 55 grain Vmax and the 53 grain Vmax Superformance with me.

http://www.tcarms.com/firearms/venture_predator.php

IMG_1977.jpg

Last edited:
Just wondering what your shooting out of you 243 teasipper?? It took some messing around with my 243 to get it consistent but now that I have it shoots real sweat. 55g SBK and 4064.....pure majic. Oh and what model 700 is itif you don't mind me askin.

Originally Posted By: teasipperDoes the .243 shoot as well as this .223? Curious, my Remmy 700 won't hold 2 inches. Ready to take the loss and trade.

Before you dump the remmy, give it a float and bed job. My last tree 700's would do about what you mention until they were floated and bedded. The forend pressure thing they do sucks, at least in my experience.

Dam,I don't see anything wrong with that.And people were running this tc down.Some of this was with factory superformance ammo correct.Going to have to check these TC's out

What I really liked about them other than the nice price was the:

3 shot group in 1" or less at 100 yards, T/C Venture will shoot MOA groups guaranteed. If not completely satisfied T/C will certify MOA accuracy or replace with a new Venture.

BDL (plastic). Floated the barrel in order to keep it on paper. Haven't bedded it. Trying to decide between a new stock or new rifle. New stock is about $300, without fitting it to the weapon.

Shooting 100 gr Win power point and Rem express core-lokt. Have not tried other ammo yet. Patterns are not consistent, moving all directions; getting 2-inch groups at 50 yds. Weaver bases and rings, Nikon 3x9 Buckmaster scope.

Originally Posted By: teasipperBDL (plastic). Floated the barrel in order to keep it on paper. Haven't bedded it. Trying to decide between a new stock or new rifle. New stock is about $300, without fitting it to the weapon.

Shooting 100 gr Win power point and Rem express core-lokt. Have not tried other ammo yet. Patterns are not consistent, moving all directions; getting 2-inch groups at 50 yds. Weaver bases and rings, Nikon 3x9 Buckmaster scope.

2" at 50 yards? something is drastically wrong.

Originally Posted By: TakemOriginally Posted By: teasipperBDL (plastic). Floated the barrel in order to keep it on paper. Haven't bedded it. Trying to decide between a new stock or new rifle. New stock is about $300, without fitting it to the weapon.

2" at 50 yards? something is drastically wrong.

Id say so
scared.gif

teasipper I dont think you have a fast enough twist to stabalize that bullet. I would try something in the 85 or 87 grain bullet as max weight. I am not sure what twist you have in the factory barrel but I am betting lighter bullets will tighten up your groups.

I used core lokts for years,The last 3 years or so every dam box is different.I shoot factory hornady or federal the upperend stuff daylight and dark in the grouping.That was with there 7mm rem mag and .270

Jimmie....have you used this reticle? Printed this up from the Nikon site and will take try it out hunting next week. Still not sure about having nothing but a circle out to 250 yds. (100 yd zero..10X and estimated velocity 3400 fps with 22" barrel) Approx 3.5 inch drop at 250 yds???
scan0224-1.jpg

Last edited:
Back