Places to buy AR's Used

Three so far...stripped lower ordered today..umm, at what stage of the disease when you feel you have to put one together?..lol

DPMS...which reminds me, I need to try the search function on a question about what to register it as, rifle or pistol?

Originally Posted By: darrenhefleyOne will never be enough and eventually you'll have more AR accessories than you can count and a closet full of evil black rifles.

You've been warned!!

Yep I will be ordering 5 more lowers come Friday. The wife says I have enough already but I like to think otherwise.
grin.gif

Guys the comment above that you could build one for $600, really catches my interest. What would be the details? For instance what brand lower, upper, etc.

I built one using a Plum Crazy lower (totally plastic)- $139 and a cheap upper from JSE Surplus - $335... Found a used 2.8-10x Simmons AETec scope in a pawn shop for $50...Total cost $524

Shoots great, I was hitting a steal pig at 317 yards using some 40gr hand loads last Monday with it...It has a 1/9 twist and allows me to shoot 40gr to 68gr rounds with acceptable (1" @ 100 yards) accuracy, rapid fire..

While this is not a good as some of my more expensive match grade ARs, it makes a nice 'truck' rifle, without a lot of investment...

FWIW- I had 2 choices of lowers DPMS or Stag, at least what the catalog was showing.
It appears there are plenty of other choices out there,and some no doubt better but for $100 this will work for now.
I could not find the thread on here about registering as a pistol vs. rifle, but through some searching on the web it looks to me like register it as you intend to use it.
This will be a rifle.

If you can swing it,,in shotgun news(i always buy one of these when im building an AR)there is a ad for complete kits,everything but a stripped lower,,,you can get 3 flat top w/detachable handle kits for 1,149,,get yourself 3 cheap stripped lowers as low as 65 bucks each.

You can pretty much sell 2 and the one you keep,,ya might have NOTHING or at the most 1-200 dollars in......X

Thanks for your input coyotex....man you are a bargain hunter too...lol, I was reading some of your post in looks like a PEPR.
I will look at BOTH suggestions.

Well,,unless stock is limited,,,ill hook a brother up...now the website does not have updated prices at sarco,,but shotgun news does on page 66.............X

Back