Custom AR- No one wants my money

Mosby

I am new to this board and to predator hunting but I am enjoying the learning process. Recently decided to build a new AR-10 in a 243 and contacted 3 different guys, some of which are sponsors here. Sent emails to all three. Called and left messages twice with one guy. Not a single response. Absolutely amazing http://www.predatormastersforums.com/forums/images/icons/default/cursing.gif

I might try one more time but I am going to look around for some new people to buy from and the first guy who actually answers his phone or returns my call is probably going to get my money. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Don't be so impatient. Mike (Dtech) and Scott (Spec. Dynamics) are probably busier than a one legged man at an azz kickin contest. I'm sure they both would like to help you and you'll probably be real glad they did. Chill out and read a few posts about these guys and dream about what that new rifle is gonna be like when you get it.

AND.....Welcome to P.M.

Mike(Dtech) Scott(Spec. Dynamics) and Travis(Kies Firearms) are all in Las Cruces this week. You just picked the wrong time to be getting in contact with them. All 3 are great people and will bend over backwarsd for you, just wait for them to get back.

Chupa

As far as I know Mike (dtech) is only in the office Mondays and Thursdays from 8AM- noon. Mike is a one man shop. Be patient. I just talked to Mike last Thursday.

blacksheep

Hmmm... First post and it's a jab at 3 of our great sponsors of which I've never heard any bad reviews on their products or service. Maybe the wait time but that's because they are so good at what they do that they continue to get new business.

Actually, I left town last Thursday, got back this week and have not caught up with emails or phone messages yet. I'm not on my way down to NM, just trying to catch up from a few days out of the shop.

I am normally at the shop every day (including weekends), but actually stay in the office on Monday and Thursday mornings JUST to take calls. I do answer the phone other times when I hear it, but when I'm running the lathe, fluting mill, or the blast-cabinet, I just don't hear the phone.

I apologize in advance if I were one of the three that has not responded. I will be wading through my emails and phone messages this afternoon.

Mike, there is no need to apologize. All of our sponsors have been very easy and readily available to discuss possible builds.
Mosby, welcome to the forum. The sponsors here are very diligent in customer satisfaction and returning calls. Sometimes it just takes a couple of days or so.

Can't say enough about Mike at Dtech. Not a slam from the other sponsors (no experience), but Mike has always been quick and courteous. I've got a PM to him too, but I knew he was away. Hang in there, and he'll get to you.

Originally Posted By: cjg_beefHmmm... First post and it's a jab at 3 of our great sponsors of which I've never heard any bad reviews on their products or service. Maybe the wait time but that's because they are so good at what they do that they continue to get new business.

Actually he did not take a jab at anyone and did not even name any Sponsor or person. Others did however jump in and post names of some of the sponsors of this site. I am guessing he is just excited about getting his first. Remember when????

Originally Posted By: sumrifleOriginally Posted By: cjg_beefHmmm... First post and it's a jab at 3 of our great sponsors of which I've never heard any bad reviews on their products or service. Maybe the wait time but that's because they are so good at what they do that they continue to get new business.

Actually he did not take a jab at anyone and did not even name any Sponsor or person. Others did however jump in and post names of some of the sponsors of this site. I am guessing he is just excited about getting his first. Remember when????

Oh, I remember when. Travis is building me a 6.8SPCII as we speak. He is having a small delay with getting the barrels in, being at the SHOT show, and now the Las Cruces hunt. Is that his fault? No. It's my fault for deciding to do the build while all of this is going on, knowing full well his plate was full.

But I am excited.........

Chupa

I emailed Scott yesterday about my R15 rebarrel knowing he was in Las Cruces and thinking maybe someone at his office would catch it and give me the tracking info I wanted. WRONG, guess who took time out of his hunting to answer my email! I don't answer the phone or emails when I'm hunting.

If you cant stand waiting I would suggest buying one off the shelf!

These guys can man you an awesome AR but you better have your patience pants on.... I dont know first hand but I believe they all carry a rather long wait time.

Not trying to take jabs, that is why I didn't mention any names and not everyone I called was a sponsor fwiw. I have waited over a year for other guns, so not really in a hurry, I just thought unusual that I couldn't get in touch with anyone after multiple tries, not that my wife cared. To be fair, I did not know that some of these guys were out at Las Cruces, so I will try again next week and go from there. Thanks.

Guys there are a lot of the sponsor here on the hunt in NM but I know all of them will be happy to help you as soon as they get back to there shops. Just a busy week

Hi guys, I apologize for not being more open to emails and phone calls during the Predator Master Hunt/Convention, but we have 140 shooters down here and after taking some of the guys hunting during the day, eat dinner and our BS sessions and Convention type duties, gunsmithing, I don't get to the rooom until 11pm or so.

I will make time tomorrow to answer all emails and phone messages left and not go out and hunt.

Thank you all for your patience.

Scott Milkovich
Specialized Dynamics

Scott, I think with all the work you have put in on the egg shoot AR that you have the right to go out and hunt and spend time with the PM members. That's what your there for. I'm sure people will understand that. Go hunt and be safe!!

Jim

Originally Posted By: scottmilk9Hi guys, I apologize for not being more open to emails and phone calls during the Predator Master Hunt/Convention, but we have 140 shooters down here and after taking some of the guys hunting during the day, eat dinner and our BS sessions and Convention type duties, gunsmithing, I don't get to the rooom until 11pm or so.

I will make time tomorrow to answer all emails and phone messages left and not go out and hunt.

Thank you all for your patience.

Scott Milkovich
Specialized Dynamics

very good man! but if I were in your shoes, I would take the down time and enjoy hunting with everyone. I know I have a few unanswered PM's to people but in no way do I ever hold it against anyone! People are busy, and when the time comes, I feel, I will be answered.

Enjoy the hunt everyone!

Back