Mossberg 935 please help

Ricky W.

I just Got a used mossberg 935 auto took it out to shoot today and it won't cycle it will fire but that's all it won't eject the shell I can pull the action open and eject it but its hard to open can someone help what's wrong with it

I have heard not to nice things about the 935.
But... try a GOOD cleaning. Hard to open you say? Sounds like it could be a rough/rusty chamber. Check the chamber to make sure it is as smooth as glass. If not, wrap some 4/0 steel wool around a 12ga brush chuck it in a variable speed drill add some 30 weight oil and polish that chamber. Not to fast now. Don't get carried away; a little polishing can go a long way.

Yeah I had the same problem with my 930 it just wont recycle 2.75" shells no big problem just shoot the right size shells

Last edited:
The only thing I can think of then is the link from the bolt slide isn't seated in the spring plunger. Also if you're swapping barrels or have swapped barrels make sure the gas piston is on the gas port area of the barrel. I linked the owners manual, if you need it. Take it down, by the numbers and then reassemble, by the book and see if anything is missing. If it still isn't working, call Mossberg. My experience with them has been great.

Originally Posted By: TankerSounds like your rounds are swelling in your chamber.

True. Try a different load with a few squirts in the chamber. I never had problems like with my 935, but my 835 would get jammed up with certain 3.5" loads. A little oil in the chamber helped and only certain loads would do that.

The 935's are a relatively unsophisticated auto. One of the reasons they are nice to own. There are very few things that will make the gun not cycle.

Did the previous owner have any issues with it? Is it clean?

should of gotten the 11-87!!. I have sold a few 935s and they have all came back on trade. So I guess that tells me not to own one. Hope you can get it fixed. HAPPY HUNTING

Originally Posted By: ruger243223I would take the POS back to whoever you bought it from and get your money back. JUNK. JMO HAPPY HUNTING

They are not Junk. They are fine firearms, all of which can have a problem.

Just take the gun to somebody that actually knows about auto shotguns, and have them look at it. I would bet that it is a simple fix.

There is a plastic spacer that either breaks all the way or cracks. Either way, if this happens...it won't cycle but you will have a nice single shot. I would break it down and check it out. Let me know

Back