making a fur hat from a coyote

czeger

does anyone know where i can get one made? i caught one today and would like to have one made. something like the one les johnson wears on predator quest

USA-Foxx & furs
Will take your coon and tan them and make a hat. You can look it up on the net. Get there phone number to see if they will work with coyotes.
Jerry

Friendly suggestion. Don't wear it hunting
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Brendan43Friendly suggestion. Don't wear it hunting
smile.gif

yea ever see that episode on 1,000 ways to die! trapper threw his hides over his shoulder and got a drink of water at the creek and he didnt have a head left from a hunter a few hundred yards away!

USA-FOXX FUR will make several styles out of coyote. i had a trooper with a leather bill made and it was $85.00.if your hide is really prime with long hair you might want a bill, with out it the hair will be in your eyes.

If I were you I would try it myself, then you can brag a little about it. Tanning the hide is not that hard and doesn't take a whole lot of time. The pelt should be large enough to make a few mistakes before you get it right. Just don't start with the tail if you want that part on the hat. Just my opinion.

I have had Roy Finley of Finley Furs in Claude, Texas make several Mt Man hats for me. He is best known for his video on skinning coyotes in 2 minutes. He is very reasonable and will make it out of your skin. You can call him and he will give you prices. Here is one that I had made for my nephew of a coyote I shot when he was with me a couple years ago. It is kind of big on him now but they are beautiful hats. Legs hang down on your shoulders and the tail is on the back. He doesn't usually put the face of the coyote on the hat. His number is (806) 944-5464
DovehuntSept2009002.jpg

and i thought i was bad, my wife thinks i'm in a "lets get to callin" cult. if i ever came home with one of those hats she'd be callin for an intervention. at 70 i'm a little old to be a Les Johnson groupie, but it's hard not to get addicted.
don

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: donlynchand i thought i was bad, my wife thinks i'm in a "lets get to callin" cult if i ever came home with one of those hats she'd be callin for an intervention. at 70 i'm a little old to be a Les Johnson groupie, but it's hard not to get addicted.
don

Haha oh man
blink.gif

Back