CVA apex vs the Encore

Does anyone have any experience with these two rifles? I like the aspect of the switch barrels but have had issues with the encore in the past. Was wondering if anyone has used the cva much or had any custom barrels built for one.

Thanks in Advance

John

http://gandersmuzzleloadingblog.blogspot.com/. Ive never held the Apex, but I do have a Encore Pro-Hunter and its a great gun. I also have a CVA Accura with the Bergara barrel and I like it alot also. If money were no concern I would probaly stick with the Encore as its made in the USA and I like the grip better. I must say Ive never heard of anyone having issues with the TC. Check out Ganders muzzleloading blog. He usually has alot of reviews of CVA products.

I can't like either rifle, but I'd buy an encore way before I'd go near a CVA and their junk barrels of extruded spanish steel......

Originally Posted By: 2muchgunI can't like either rifle, but I'd buy an encore way before I'd go near a CVA and their junk barrels of extruded spanish steel......

rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
thumbdown.gif
thumbdown.gif

instead of 2muchgun for a name how about tomuchopinion without enough info.
Like my mama used to say "Tis better to let them think your an idiot than to open your mouth and prove them right"
maybe you should follow mamas advise.

i own an Accura and my best friend has an Encore...what we learned is this:

my Accura shoots better groups than his Encore( in .50 mzl trim with 295gr powerbelts and 100grs or pyrodex) but his encore carries and feels slightly better in the hands and on the shoulder

his Encore with a .222 barrel and 7mm-08 barrel shoot very nicely however...darn nice infact...they are however both bergara barrels

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: DoubleOi own an Accura and my best friend has an Encore...what we learned is this:

my Accura shoots better groups and his Encore carries and feels slightly better in the hands and on the shoulder

his Encore with a .222 barrel and 7mm-08 barrel shoot very nicely however...darn nice infact...they are however both bergara barrels

theres no way your "junk barrels of extruded spanish steel" shoot darn nice.
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

according to 2MuchGun anyway.
grin.gif

Last edited:
The only problem I ever had with my Encore was the firing pin sticking in a 209 primer and I could not get it apart. They fixed it for free but still took a couple of months. At least I got the deer...
I have not lost faith in that rifle and have a couple more barrels for it now.
The 50cal muzzleloader with a 250gr sabot and three 777 pellets shots under an inch and the 22-250 will have them touching at 100yds.
I have never owned or used an apex but have had other CVA rifles in the past and never had any issues with them at all.

If your wanting a gun that does it all and switch barrels.I would not compare cva to encore pro hunter.Pro hunter hands down.You should have compared knight to pro hunter.Knight hands down quality,precision.Check out the 2011 knights.You get what you pay for

Originally Posted By: OptimaAndyinstead of 2muchgun for a name how about tomuchopinion without enough info.
Like my mama used to say "Tis better to let them think your an idiot than to open your mouth and prove them right"
maybe you should follow mamas advise.

Mama also said "A picture is worth 1000 words". Albeit for some, like yourself, the learning curve is a tad slower. I don't need to try to make you look like an idiot Andy, you do it all on your own. It seems you do not heed mama's advice. Pick a model, they all suck equally
lol.gif

Kohn_Kodiak.jpg

Hamblin_Optima_post_7.jpg

Optima_1.jpg

JH_3.jpg

Lots more of these pics here:

http://cvaguncases.com/Case___Information_Page.html

Yeah okay. That's total BS. Try shooting a barrel that is PROOF TESTED and you may not end up wearing it. Breech plugs that shoot out of the back of a gun upon firing because the threads are all but non-existent are hardly the fault of the user.

"Hello, my name is Optima Andy, and I'd like to tell you all about the fine world class steel CVA muzzleloaders employ, just as soon as I pull this breech plug out of my skull"

img004_web.jpg

Originally Posted By: 2muchgunYeah okay. That's total BS. Try shooting a barrel that is PROOF TESTED and you may not end up wearing it. Breech plugs that shoot out of the back of a gun upon firing because the threads are all but non-existent are hardly the fault of the user.

"Hello, my name is Optima Andy, and I'd like to tell you all about the fine world class steel CVA muzzleloaders employ, just as soon as I pull this breech plug out of my skull"

img004_web.jpg
Oh jeeez... Here we go again. Another thread in a forum where we have a Randy Wakeman wanna be who has no idea what they are talking about.

Back