Holographic/reflex sight

rletts77

I am looking for a Holographic/reflex sight for a secondary sight on my AR. I don't want to spend a crap load of money but don't want junk either. Any suggestions???? Or maybe there is another thread about the same thing I missed...send it to me.

rletts,

I understand your concerns about wanting a second site system for your AR-15.

I have found that the EO Tech 512 pretty much fits the bill.

I use a 512 extensively on my AR-15's with a couple of applications.

Here's why:

1) You need accuracy. The 512 has a 1 MOA center dot framed by a 65 MOA outer circle.
(If you look into sites other that the EO Tech, you'll see that the vast majority of them have huge aiming dot....I don't know about you, but I prefer to see as much of my target as possible. The 1" dot at 100 yards is prescision.)

2) No paralax.
(If you put that dot on the target, no matter your shooting position, it will be spot on.)

3) Av. Magnifier.
(the 3x magnifier turns the EO Tech into another animal altogether. Longer more accurate shots can be made if you add the magnifier. If you don't need it, it flips out of your line of site in less than a second.)

4) It's QUICK to get a site picture!
I have even eude it when gunning out of a chopper on hard to hit coyotes for a depredation program. Here's some footage I shot that shows you what kind of conditions I have to deal with. The EO Tech is better suited for that action than anything else that has been tried.

Hope this helps some.

Barry

PharmerJon...I checked those out and they do have some good reviews. Was going to order one and the website was messed up somehow.

Originally Posted By: PharmerJonThese won't break the bank and get pretty good reviews:

http://www.primaryarms.com/product.sc?productId=1005&categoryId=398

The PA stuff is cool as they're pretty reasonably priced, and seem to work well. The only downside I see to them is the 1yr exchange warranty. If they had a 3 or 5 year warranty, they'd be untouchable, IMO. The 1yr warranty drops them into the same category as Barska, BSA, etc for warranties, unfortunately. Most likely if an optic is going to have problems it would be early-on in ownership as it would be a manufacturer defect, but regardless, a nice warranty is comforting, even if it's never used. The Mueller warranty is kind of a "middle of the road" warranty compared to most reflexes in the price range. If they were a lifetime, they'd also be hard to touch in the price range.

Yep, going to try the Mueller out. It had good reviews and as a secondary sight I can definatley agree with the price.

Not trying to hijack but does anyone know of a good deal on a sight/magnifier combo with a swing to side mount for the magnifier.
I like the eotech but cant swing the price as I am in the process of an ar build.
Any info would be appreciated.

Just got my Burris fastfire II mounted on top of my scope via Barska tactical scope mounts. Works great. Just have to get it on some fur to see how it really works.

My Mueller reflex sight is supposed to be here today. I am going to mount it via a picatiny rail on my floattube. I am hoping it works and I don't need to buy a more expensive holo sight. I have a Nikon Coyote Special so I was trying to go the cheap route on a holo sight.

Last edited:

Rockinbbar gave you a good summary. You can search for more info with the search engine link below.

The one I have is an EoTech 555.A65, similar to the 512 but with NV capability.

DSC05552.jpg

rletts, what handguard do you have? I am going to put a little red dot offset on my handguard or on the upper.

I've the DPMS Panther Bull 20. I still have the factory handguard on it. Just so happens one of my slots is at about the 2 o'clock position, which makes it perfect for mounting the reflex sight. I bought a 5 inch rail and mounted it in the slot. Put the sight on and ready to sight it in now. I think it's going to work exactly how I planned.
I also looked at mounting it on the scope ring and even bought an offset mount. Neither came close to fitting. If I had bought a mini reflex it may have worked, but I got the mueller and it's design wouldn't allow me to mount it any other way than I did.

Back