bedding a rifle with devcon

txagyotebuster

for those of you that have used devcon to bed a rifle, how many rifles will a pound of devcon bed?

and any other suggestions are welcome.

thanks
jason

Jason,

Really depends on how a person bed's their rifle. With a quick "dab" of bedding compound in the recoil lug area and the tag, heck, you could prolly for 30-40 rifles.

With a full bedding job, I'd say roughly about 10 rifles.

Originally Posted By: MGYSGTBearcat 74, Is that the same stuff that comes in the can for $50?
=======================================================================
Probably not! The tubes said fast setting....you want a slow cure epoxy; they are stronger and shrink less. You'll also get extra working time that is always appreciated! Get the Devcon epoxy steel putty, not the liquid. You could also use the aluminum or titanium putty, but I never saw the benefit for the added expense. Just remember, if you get a pound of this stuff, it has a shelf life and will not last forever.
I go back and forth between Devcon and Marine Tex, depending which is readily available. The Marine Tex has a more critical mixture ratio, but I weigh it on a digital scale, so it's no proplem.
Good luck!
F1

I haven't bedded a rifle in years, but does no one use Acraglass Gel anymore?

With Devcon and Marine Tex what release agent do you use? Or is this a permanent bond?

Thanks

Back