Controversial Cornwall Coyote Hunt Contest

Chizzy

The anti-hunting comments seem to be coming in fast and furious over an article in the Cornwall Standard Freeholder regarding a local coyote hunting contest.

http://www.standard-freeholder.com/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=2957592

Why not take a minute or two to write a pro-hunting comment on the newspaper's comment section of their web site. We need to show our support for companies like the Fence Depot that support hunting.

Regards,

Chizzy

Hello Chupa:

Thank you so much. Your help is very much appreciated.

Regards,

Chizzy

Last edited:
My lord, just reading the posts from these idiots is ruining my evening.

Where is Cornwall....and why are there so many retarded people there

Hello Tanker:

Cornwall, Ontario, Canada. It is a border town located along the Canada - US border. Just a few miles north east of Massena, New York.

Please know that most Cornwall residents are level headed individuals; it just seems that the newspaper artical has brought out the anti-hunting crowd in large numbers.

Hence the reason I came here for a little assistance from our southern neighbors.
thumbup1.gif

Thanks for all of your help.

Regards,

Chizzy

I just can't imagine my life being so unfulfilling that I would be that worried about what someone who I have no idea who it is, is doing with their life. It's pretty sad if you think about it. I was brought up to be a productive member of society. Not a thorn in it. Just because you have an opinion and a voice doesn't mean everybody wants to hear it. Just my 2 cents

Good for you. I posted a hunting pic on Facebook a while ago and one of my wife's hippie friends absolutely blew a gasket. Rather than do something stupid like trying to reason with an insane person, I promptly attacked her thought process, political affiliation, lifestyle etc... just like they do to us. My friends got quite a chuckle out of it and now she is "hurt" and isn't speaking to me... Oh bummer. Nothing like pouring gasoline on a fire
smile.gif

Thank you to everyone who took time to comment on the above mentioned newspaper article; you injected some rational thought on a comment board that was starting to circle the drain with all of the tiresome anti-hunting diatribe. Please keep the pro-hunting comments coming; this is a First Annual event and I would very much like to see the corporate sponsor want to do it again for a 2nd, 3rd, 4th , 5th ..... year.

Thank You,

Chizzy

Originally Posted By: RageincageI just can't imagine my life being so unfulfilling that I would be that worried about what someone who I have no idea who it is, is doing with their life. It's pretty sad if you think about it. I was brought up to be a productive member of society. Not a thorn in it. Just because you have an opinion and a voice doesn't mean everybody wants to hear it. Just my 2 cents

Rageincage:

I hope that you take the time to submit that comment on the newspaper web site; it is awesome!

Regards,

Chizzy

Thanks to everyone who wrote in. Some really good comments.

We have a select group of vocal anti-hunters who like to try to control all hunting activity...even on County owned, and Crown (Public) property.

Thanks Chizzy...you do alot for the local hunting community, as far as spreading the word.

The comment board has reached its max number of comments. I love listening to the tree huggers squirm. Its funny. Good luck to all participants and thanks to Fence Depot!

Bummer, I was going to post. I went to school not far from there in potsdam ny. Very interesting mix of peoples there.

Coyote populations have risen dramatically in the last 5-8 years in the Cornwall Ont. area. We had a few bad early springs and a large deer herd die-off, boosting yote food supply. The last 3 years I saw more coyotes (in deer season) than I did deer.

This contest, the 1st in the area, is a month long. Coyotes are ranked by weight, various categories...Oldest shooter, youngest shooter etc. There is a banquet, awards, and a calling competition in early March.

Thanks to everyone who wrote or tried to write a comment. Comments have reached their limit...no more allowed.

Been to Potsdam many times "Shoes", nice place.

I would just like to take this opportunity to thank all of the posters and people who attempted to post but that were greeted by the "Commenting on this article has reached its limit." message. (Although strangely enough two more comments made it in today, despite people getting the above mentioned message yesterday.)

Your comments turned the flavor of the newspaper's thread from an anti hunting spin to that of a pro-hunting spin. I am also pleased to report that our side got the last word in.
thumbup.gif

Shoes - I also went to school in Potsdam, NY. Small world!

Regards,

Chizzy

Back